Grinding/Clunking when shifting into park. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Grinding/Clunking when shifting into park.

97 7.3 E4OD 4x4 BW4407

Just put a new e40d in my truck. While filling it up and shifting through the gears it was shifting fine. Did this a few times to ensure I had fluid in the entire transmission.

All of a sudden now when I shift back into park after shifting through the gears it's makes some strange grinding/clunking noises for a few seconds. From the research I have done it sounds like something in the TCase.

What should I check first?

Also not sure if this is normal or not. But when I shift into 4x4 with the truck off/in park (key on) the 4x4 shifter bounces back into 2wd (won't stay in the 4x4 position)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode