Diesel Bronco Front Suspension Question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Bronco Guru

Diesel Bronco Front Suspension Question

I'm currently in the works to be getting a 1997 F-350 with a 7.3 powerstroke to do a whole powertrain, driveline, and electrical swap, etc on my 1994 bronco. I know a good bit of how this will all go down, but one of the things I'm caught up on is what I should do for the front suspension. The donor has a solid D60 in the front end, I'm planning on installing this by using sky manufacturing reverse shackle kit that will basically makes the front end a bolt on swap.

My question is should I swap the axle with the 97 leaf springs or get the 99-04 x-code springs put in the front end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 AM
Project Shamu

Re: Diesel Bronco Front Suspension Question

Definitely 99-04 springs. I wouldn't even consider OBS springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Bronco Guru

That's what I was think but I wasn't entirely sure.

Does anyone know of a good site that sells the x-code springs? I know my local JYDs don't have any super duty trucks so I wont be able to get used ones from there. I did see sdtrucksprings.com sells them $100 a piece is that a fair price?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:43 PM

I wouldn't run x codes, they would be way to stiff for a bronco. I would stick to u codes.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Bronco Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
I wouldn't run x codes, they would be way to stiff for a bronco. I would stick to u codes.
Even with the weight of a 7.3 in the front end?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:34 AM
Project Shamu

Yes, I run V codes and I think they are too stiff. You're lighter bronco will like U codes.

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Ford ran u and v codes in the superduty with the 7.3. Being that the bronco is so light you might even be able to run some t codes. T codes came in the v10 option I believe.

Here is a link for the lighter springs. https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=17057
^^^ these springs are a replacement for the t and u codes. The price is pretty good at $115 each. Shipping kind of sucks at around $150 last time I checked.
JCart likes this.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:53 AM
PSN Veteran

Cool project, when you get a moment check out Precision Metal Fabrications (PMF) too. Iíve installed both Sky and PMF RSKs and the PMF is superior IMO. Also recommend the receiver hitch on the cross bar, makes for a robust RSK. SD springs front and rear (would be least expensive) with anti sways front rear too, aftermarket steering box with Borgeson mid steering shaft = wicked steering, handling, smooth riding rig...

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4Ē exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Bronco Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Cool project, when you get a moment check out Precision Metal Fabrications (PMF) too. I’ve installed both Sky and PMF RSKs and the PMF is superior IMO. Also recommend the receiver hitch on the cross bar, makes for a robust RSK. SD springs front and rear (would be least expensive) with anti sways front rear too, aftermarket steering box with Borgeson mid steering shaft = wicked steering, handling, smooth riding rig...
I was originally looking at a rsk kit for the front suspension, but on the full size bronco forum everyone uses sky manufacturering kit. Which caused me to look into getting that one. Which one's is more popular on psn? Id love to build with the best designed kit.

For steering I was thinking of getting a signaw from a e series van and reman it

7.3 Powerstroke Bronco in the works
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Bronco Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
Ford ran u and v codes in the superduty with the 7.3. Being that the bronco is so light you might even be able to run some t codes. T codes came in the v10 option I believe.

Here is a link for the lighter springs. https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=17057
^^^ these springs are a replacement for the t and u codes. The price is pretty good at $115 each. Shipping kind of sucks at around $150 last time I checked.
I'll definitely look into u codes possibly the 5 codes. I saw sd truck springs had those listed. At the price it's hard to believe, are they a reputable seller for the quality?

7.3 Powerstroke Bronco in the works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode