speed sensor?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

speed sensor??

My problem started out as a surge when the cruise control was engaged. I noticed that the speedometer needle fluctuated slightly at that time. The fluctuation got worse to the point the cruise control wouldn't stay engaged. I drove a little farther and the ABS light came on. I stopped for fuel and when I took off the ABS light was off. However, the overdrive light on the shifter was flashing and the truck shifted hard. The speedometer needle was steady at slower speeds, but at highway speed it jumped between 40 and 80 mph. Do I have a speed sensor that has gone bad? Is it the transmission speed sensor or is it the ABS speed sensor that is in the differential? If you all decide it's not the speed sensor at all, what should I be looking for? Thanks for everyone's help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: speed sensor??

Just as a WAG I would say that it is the sensor, wierd things happen when they start to go bad or are bad.

You only have one, the one on the rear diff. When replacing it make sure that the new one is seated properly even if you have to tap it a little with a hammer to get it to seat.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:11 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: speed sensor??

Also be sure to check the wiring from the sensor to the PSOM. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3” DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode