difference between EBP sensors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

difference between EBP sensors

1995 PSD single cab 2WD
going to clean the EBP sensor and tube today.
Just in case one or the other is bad or both,i was searching places to buy the replacements..as far as the tube goes no problems there

For the 95-96 the sensor part number is DPFE-1
For the 97-03 7.3 and 03-04 6.0 it is DPFE-3

is the newer one an upgraded one kind of like the upgraded newer CPS..or will it not work with my 95?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: difference between EBP sensors

IIRC, the difference would be in the contact material. Later would probably have gold while earlier would be tin (?). Not sure how much galvanic corrosion would come into play with differing materials at the connection, but if you used the later one use some dielectric grease to minimize the chances. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Feeley View Post
IIRC, the difference would be in the contact material. Later would probably have gold while earlier would be tin (?). Not sure how much galvanic corrosion would come into play with differing materials at the connection, but if you used the later one use some dielectric grease to minimize the chances. Cheers!
That was my thinking too..if i need one i guess i can be the Guinea Pig and buy the newer one to see the difference..lol

The newer ones are actually 20-30.00 cheaper too

Thanks for the reply

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

well..sensor looks fine..just a little carbon build up around the inside of the sensor and can clearly see the little white button up inside it.....
.i figured i was doing good ,,,,until i went to clean the tube..completely blocked at a bend near where it connects to the manifold.
I sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner in it both sides and tried running a throttle cable through both ways,,thing is completely blocked,even a few blast of air with my compressor wouldn't do anything..i went ahead and ordered a new one online for 13.00..in the meantime i think i am going to soak the whole thing in some MEK i have around for cleaning steel before paint and see if it break the clog loose
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:13 AM
PSN Veteran

Put the throttle cable in a variable speed drill and use that like a plumbing snake with the carb cleaner (it makes a mess, but works good). Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode