Truck shaking badly - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Truck shaking badly

Hello, i have a 97 cclb 4x4 auto

The other day i got off the highway and my truck was shifting hard and the speedometer was going whack. I did some research and some have had luck curing it with a new speed sensor. I tried this and it seemes to be back to normal. Just running some errands today and while driving, hit a small bump and truck started shaking crazy, coffee went flying, i thought maybe something straight up broke. My speedometer and odometer both went dead temporarily, seems like a loose connection, because i Marty McFly'd it and it came back. My truck also has a 6 inch lift and not the best tires. It had been driving fine for a while. Can that shaking be related to the PSOM?

This truck is kicking my ass and i just need to get by a little longer untill i can get something else.

I am no mechanic and my experience is limited. Any advice on where to start and check? It wasnt shaking the whole time, and it seemed to occur after hitting small bumps. Pulling over and start driving again it seemed fine... until the. Ext bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 06:56 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Truck shaking badly

Shaking as in the tires are shaking or as in the engine is missing?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I had death wobble. But it is now fixed. I had a bad driver tire that caused my passenger wheel assembly to come loose and shock absorber bushing was shot. I rotated tires, tightened up wheel hub and replaced shock bushing and now i think its good. That death wobble is some scary crap.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Truck shaking badly

There are a hundred different things that can cause that death wobble.

I have had it on a few company trucks but never on my PS, thank god.

It makes for a scary few moments until you either get slowed down or it stops.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode