97 E350 Van, no WTS light, blowing 30 amp fuses on ignition, suspecting fuel bowl heater... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bugman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
97 E350 Van, no WTS light, blowing 30 amp fuses on ignition, suspecting fuel bowl heater...

Good evening! I am new as a registered user but I do a lot of reading here on the forums. I've run into a bit of an issue here and I'm hoping for some guidance. I recently have had an issue with my '97 E350. It has been blowing 30 amp fuses about once every month and has left me stranded a couple times now! It is the "#30" PCM and fuel bowl heater fuse that is blowing, and so I suspect it is a shorted out fuel bowl heater. I would like to disconnect it, but seeing as this is the van I am having a hard time finding any relevant resources pointing me in the right direction in terms of puling this wire. Attached are some pictures of what is visible to me from the dog house. From the hood down I can barely see anything. I've seen some pictures of what I'm supposed to see, but I can't really line it up in my head. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0128191942.jpg (11.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 0128191943a.jpg (18.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 0128191959d.jpg (11.7 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Re: 97 E350 Van, no WTS light, blowing 30 amp fuses on ignition, suspecting fuel bowl heater...

It doesn't look like I'm allowed to edit my original post to include this information, but attached are a couple of pictures I've found in various threads about this issue, nether seems to quite match what I can see from the dog house or from the engine bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuelbowl.jpg (12.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg F4TZ9J294A-3.jpg (10.1 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: 97 E350 Van, no WTS light, blowing 30 amp fuses on ignition, suspecting fuel bowl heater...

From your pictures it should be the one with the spade clip with the arrow pointing to it.

Other than that you can pull your filter and disconnect it on the inside of the bowl. That is unless it is the thermister that passes through the filter housing.
JCart and BigRed02 like this.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode