Massive oil leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Massive oil leak

So I just bought this 1995 crew cab 5 speed Dually and it has leaked a significant amount in 24 hours of sitting. When I fired it up and crawled under I noticed the leak appeared to come from an1.5” tube or pipe maybe that runs from the oil filter assembly directly under the driver side exhaust header to the front of the motor. Can you guys help me with part names and how difficult this will be to fix. Good thing is I live less than .2 miles away from a power stroke shop. I’m just scared of what they will charge me. So any info will be greatly appreciated. Also if I get it done what should be a reasonable price to have it fixed. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: Massive oil leak

That would be the oil cooler they have orings that seal the oil in and keep the oil and coolant from mixing. A good shop should have no problem doing it. What they will charge will depend on where they get their parts from and what their labor rate is. It is awkward to get in and out but its only like 5 bolts 2 at the front 3 at the back and pull it out carefully. Where are you at in Texas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Baytown just outside of Houston. If it’s just 5 bolts then I might attempt to do this on my own.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Native Texan

Garage

Just make sure u mark it before disassembly if u don't and get it misaligned u will crack the housing when u try and bolt it back up. I will make a mess but not as hard as it looks.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:42 AM
Native Texan

Garage

I used to do gunshows downtown at the brown. originally from tyler area.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

Upgrades:
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oh nice. I used to do the gun shows a lot as well. I just order parts online now. I appreciate the info
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Also expect to loose all your coolant and make a big mess when you pull things apart.

The oil is cooled by the coolant.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:38 AM
PSN Veteran

Be aware of the parts that make up the oil pressure regulator valve that are located in the block-side of the oil filter/cooler header piece like to fall out of the early model trucks. If the do fall out without being noticed, you will most likely end up with a no-start condition. I would recommend getting OEM gaskets and O-rings for this job as well. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3Ē DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Native Californian

Use ONLY Motorcraft O-Rings. Other are known to leak at the start. G oto uor dealer or RiffRaff Diesel has them.
HilhavenFarm likes this.

Byron
1999 F-350, 4x4, ZF6, AFE CAI, 4" DP and Exhaust by Diamond Eye, Fuel Rail FX by RiffRaff, Cat Deleted, Cody tuned
1997 F-350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 PSD, Heavily Modded SOLD
1995 F-350 CCLB SRW, ZF 5-Speed, 4x4, Stock, SOLD
1997 F-250 SC Flatbed, ZF 5-Speed, Stock, SOLD
2010 K-Z Sportster Toyhauler 37K, Various horse and stock trailers
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 03:13 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Feeley View Post
Be aware of the parts that make up the oil pressure regulator valve that are located in the block-side of the oil filter/cooler header piece like to fall out of the early model trucks. If the do fall out without being noticed, you will most likely end up with a no-start condition. I would recommend getting OEM gaskets and O-rings for this job as well. Cheers!

Wait - Patrick - who told you what I did!? OP, listen to the smart man because you do NOT want to do this twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode