Oil bypass valve - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Oil bypass valve

Just a warning for those out there with a 94-95 7.3, keep an eye of the oil bypass valve if you have the staked version. Iíve been watching mine and bought an updated replacement a few months ago. Last oil change the valve was still intact. Last night I finally got around to replacing my oil cooler orings and discovered the valve had come loose sometime since the last oil change 2,000 miles ago. Glad I had the new one ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1995 Crewcab XLT 4x4 7.3, E4OD, 3.55, TS 6 chip, RiffRaff air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:48 PM
PSN intsigator

Re: Oil bypass valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
Just a warning for those out there with a 94-95 7.3, keep an eye of the oil bypass valve if you have the staked version. Iíve been watching mine and bought an updated replacement a few months ago. Last oil change the valve was still intact. Last night I finally got around to replacing my oil cooler orings and discovered the valve had come loose sometime since the last oil change 2,000 miles ago. Glad I had the new one ready to go.

I've seen that on the Super duty 7.3's also

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Nothing new there.
SD it "shouldn't" happen since it has the snapring, instead of being staked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 PM
PSN intsigator

I have seen several with the snap ring half out, but even more with the "stake" failure. There is always the option of restaking the bypass valve

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
Nothing new there.

Yeah Iíve heard about it being a problem which is why I was prepared, just sharing for the sake of those who may not know.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 07:30 PM
PSN intsigator

Atleast you were prepared for it

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 12:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Yeah, I was only a few months into ownership on mine when it happened to me. I rebuilt the cooler, then it started running funny.
Popped the filter off and sure enough, it had came out sometime/somewhere. Shop up the street sold me the upgraded version for a crisp $20.
You would almost think they would have all fallen out by now. Lol

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jasper View Post
Yeah, I was only a few months into ownership on mine when it happened to me. I rebuilt the cooler, then it started running funny.
Popped the filter off and sure enough, it had came out sometime/somewhere. Shop up the street sold me the upgraded version for a crisp $20.
You would almost think they would have all fallen out by now. Lol

Yeah no kidding, mine ran over 280,000 before it came out assuming itís the original.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:25 AM
PSN Newb

I am absolutely desparate to find a bypass valve (mine was staked in but is long gone) can you send me the contact info for the shop you purchased one from? Or any other sourcing information where I can buy one? [email protected] or 760-774-5046 many thanks!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:44 PM
PSN Veteran

I've never heard of anyone offering the valve parts separate. When I did mine back in 2001 or so, I had to get the header adapter (F81Z-6881-BA, the one with the snapring retained bypass and regulator valves). List is $543.22 and online price is around $268.90. It was only around $135 way back when! Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3Ē DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode