Fuel Leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Leak

I have a 96 OBS F250 with fuel leaking in the engine valley. I'm not sure where it's coming from, however, after reading other posts here, I'm thinking of tearing into it. Can anyone supply pictures or how to on pulling the fuel filter and replacing hoses and fuel pump??
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Speedy

Send a message via AIM to Speedy
Re: Fuel Leak

Well I dont have any pic's but I just came in from the from tearing mine down. And like you I'm still not sure where its coming from. I am hoping to get a seal kit if they make them and replace all the seals. Also I amd going to replace all the rubber hoses. I tried to find a diagarm of all that too before I tore down but I didn't have any luck. What I can tell you is there is two bolts 13mm. that hold the house in and they are tight. Then losin up all the rubber hoses and the return. There are two high pressure lines 9/16 wrench. losin them. Then unplug the harness (watch the plastic clips they fragile i broke mine.) With all that lose you should be able to wiggle it out of there. Need somemore help let me know.

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4x4.
3inch down pipe to 4inch exhaust 6inch tip, homemade air intake WIX 6637 filter element, gauges, TS 6-position,XM Radio, 2 inch level kit, Eagle Alloy 186 seires wrapped in 305-70-16 Firestone Destinations MT and more to come.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM
PSN Veteran

I located my leak by climbing up there with the engine running (I placed a piece of wood across from the radiator support to the alternator, to serve as a "guard" from the fan). I used a very bright flashlight and a small inspection mirror, and worked my way around the sides until I could see the leak. It helped to remove the "snap-on" heat shield from above the fuel pump. Using the mirror also helped me see where everything was which needed to be disconnected.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks ya'll......yeah, it seems like it is a needle in the valley...so to speak. Does Napa sell new fuel pumps and hoses?
Thanks again!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 11:38 PM
PSN Veteran

I have heard that NAPA carries the fuel pump under industry standard #61067. For hoses you just need "fuel injection" hose which meets SAE J30R9 specs (it will be printed on the side). Possible leak sites include the fuel filter clogged sensor (should be on the FPR on a 1996), the seal between the FPR and the fuel bowl (-015 O-ring), the fuel drain valve (seals with two -202 O-rings), the fuel hoses, and the fuel pump.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll start on it as soon as I can....I appreciate all the help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode