need new fuel pump, best way to go . - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Toyota Geek

need new fuel pump, best way to go .

my fuel pump is looking like a leaker. so my question to you pros is what the route for me when i replace my fuel pump. i ran a quick search but didn't come up with much. just looking for companies and prices and where to buy.

-drew

1995 powerstroke
170000 miles with a couple leaks

1993 toyota pickup
12 inches of lift and counting.
lots of dents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: need new fuel pump, best way to go .

electric fuel

2003 F350 cclb 6.0
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Toyota Geek

is that the company that makes them or is it just the kind of fuel pump i want to go with. and do any of the vendors here sell these types of fuel pumps.

-drew

1995 powerstroke
170000 miles with a couple leaks

1993 toyota pickup
12 inches of lift and counting.
lots of dents

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
PSN Veteran

If you just want to replace the mechanical pump, go to Autozone or Advance Auto or whoever your favorite parts store is...the mechanical pumps are supposedly all made by Carter, doesn't matter who rebrands them and sells them as their own.

Electric fuel refers to a complete replacement of the fuel pump/filter system...everything that's on the engine side of the tank selector valve. Most of us make our own, using a SD electric pump, a couple of filter bases and filters, and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, plus a few miscellaneous fittings. Mine cost less than $300.

Or you can buy the systems from Beans or Swamps, they're around a grand I believe.

'94 F250 supercab 4x4, original owner, 4.10LS, DIY elec fuel, Tymar air, Beans tunes on VA 4 position chip, Adrenaline HPOP, VDO boost/pyro/outside temp gauges, Ford digital AIC, DPPI downpipe, gutted EBPV, modded turbo ped, Con OFE, add-a-leafs front/rear, Monroe Reflex shocks, Milemarker 449SS hubs...coming soon: 6.0 IC...wish list: Stage 2's
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Ticking time bomb

fuel lab

I wonder what my sig and avatar will get changed to now!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Dairy Mechanic

I got a mechanical pump if you want to just replace it and do the electric later.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Underfunded

Send a message via AIM to moonshiner

You can do a basic electric system fairly inexpensive, and after yankin out my mechanical pump today... not super thrilled with the constuction, since the plunger part snaped off on removal.
Is it your mech pump thats leaking or the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the side of your fuel bowl? cause thats what it was on mine, and after 4 o-rings I called it quits an assembled a E-fuel system thats currently being put in

1996 F350: 4.10's Detroit Locked Front/Rear, Rampage Chip, SD/Racor E-Fuel, Adrenaline, 160cc's, Bell SS/66 Turbo, SD CAC, 315/75/16's Fierce M/Ts, 6" Lift, 6ft Traction Bars, 5" Stacks.

2007 Harley FXSTB: Bassani Prostreet Pipes, Terry Comp tuner, V&H Air Cleaner

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX

2010 VW Jetta 2.5

SEMPER FI - USMC LT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode