97 ford f250hd 7.3 e40d - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

97 ford f250hd 7.3 e40d

I've got a 97 f250hd with the 7.3 has the e40d auto it's 4x4.

I use this truck for work it has a service bed on it and I drive 80 miles for work mostly interstate. When I get o the interstate and drive 30 miles or sometimes sooner the torque converter will kick out won't go back in and then the o/d light starts flashing.
I had the code read says a generic p0500 vss fault. I've replaced the sensor a new pigtail and changed diff fluid Nd checked tone ring all looks good.
It had been sitting 3 or 4 days since I did this to it drove it to work today drive the 80 mile journey not a single hiccup. Headed back home no sooner get on the interstate get up to 70mph and boom kicks out.
I'm at a loss with this one I don't know if it is ecm, psom , wiring?
I've not had the truck very long the guy I bought it off of said the tranny was rebuilt with a 6.0 billet t.c. but I never seen paperwork. I was assuming it was doing it to him also tried rebuilding it with t.c. and still didn't solve the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 12:25 AM
PSN Newb

Sounds like the torque converter to me, mine had a similar problem where the o/d light would flash and It would start shifting hard, but mine never gave me a code for that, I replaced the torque converter and now runs fine, does It reset If you turn the truck off and restart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode