Installed new tranny, no crank/no start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Installed new tranny, no crank/no start

First time user and first time 7.3 owner. So I bought a ‘97 f250 7.3/E4od with a demolited transmission, the case broke off the motor and just left the bell housing bolts and some little bits and pieces of the bellhousing. I pulled that tranny and put another E4od in with a BTS valve body. I have everything plugged back in just the way it was before I pulled it apart and the motor shows no sign of trying to crank. I have 11.9v to the batteries and I can jump the starter with a screwdriver over the relay. I checked all the fuses and I had no power to my ignition switch. Turns out the metal retainers that grip the fuse are gone and the fuse just sits in the slot very loosely, so I wrapped the fuse in some tin foil to get a connection (if anyone has advice on how to replace the retainers it’d be appreciated). I now have power to that fuse and the motor still won’t crank when I turn the key, I replaced the neutral safety switch with the switch on the old tranny that was known to be good. This isn’t my 5th OBS but first PSD so I’m stumped, any advice is appreciated, thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:12 PM
alleged moderator

Re: Installed new tranny, no crank/no start

11.9 volts is almost dead batteries. they should be closer to 13 - 13.5 volts fully charged

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
11.9 volts is almost dead batteries. they should be closer to 13 - 13.5 volts fully charged
Ok, I haven’t tried charging or jumping them. If I can bridge the terminals on the starter relay and it turns the motor easily shouldn’t it atleast try to crank when I turn the key?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode