Stuff to rob from a E99 for a OBS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
College Student

Stuff to rob from a E99 for a OBS

Im going to look at a E99 motor tomorrow a guy is parting out and wondering what all I should possibly try and snag that would be better than what I already got or slight upgrade. All the parts would go on my 95 OBS.

Im originally going to look at it to get the E99 intake spider and intercooler pipes off it. What else should I possibly try and dicker a deal with? The guy seems to be pretty reasonable with prices, but won't know the full condition of the motor till tomorrow.
I want to eventually convert to E-fuel. Would snagging the fuel bowl assembly off it be a good idea as for parts to convert to E-fuel, or would be better off to go a different route in the future for E-fuel?

What I have been told about the motor is that it is just the motor. It was paired with an 4R100, but the guy sold the tranny. The motor has 331K on it and is sitting on a pallet and have been covered.

95 Auto. 4.10 gears. SCLB. Stock besides Baby Swamps Injectors and TS-6 chip with swamps tunes. AFE MaxFlow. Glowshift trans, pyro, and boost. 6.0 IC KC TP38R. Converted EBPV to exhaust brake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: Stuff to rob from a E99 for a OBS

get the driver exhaust manifold if you want to do sd up pipes. I would personally just get an e-fuel setup that deletes the fuel bowl entirely and has filters on the frame instead. You could take the wiring harness too so you can get the single uvch connectors too.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
College Student

I just put in a KC TP38R and ended up bitting the bullet and putting in new up pipes as well while they were easily accessible.

As for the wiring harness, would I just take the entire harness off of the motor or just a select part of it?

95 Auto. 4.10 gears. SCLB. Stock besides Baby Swamps Injectors and TS-6 chip with swamps tunes. AFE MaxFlow. Glowshift trans, pyro, and boost. 6.0 IC KC TP38R. Converted EBPV to exhaust brake.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM
PSN Veteran

intercooler (E99 should have all aluminum 7.3 cooler = nice!), intercooler charge pipes, intake spider - now your 95 can be intercooled!!

If you get the intake tube (from airbox to turbo) it makes it easier to swap to the Donaldson 6637 air filter

E99 turbo and pedestal, drivers manifold as mentioned above so you can delete the OBS turbo mounting and update to the SD style
SD up pipes are MUCH cheaper and the SD turbo is much easier to remove, so this is a nice upgrade

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage

The whole harness comes off the engine and has a single large plug on the driver side held together by a 10mm bolt. I'd take the whole thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsdurastroke View Post
I just put in a KC TP38R and ended up bitting the bullet and putting in new up pipes as well while they were easily accessible.

As for the wiring harness, would I just take the entire harness off of the motor or just a select part of it?
Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
College Student

Ended up not having the wiring harness. So just took the E99 spider and the cooler pipes.

The guy ended up pulling the motor out of a CCLB E99 because it needed injectors. The guy builds trucks for fun and is currently putting a 01 24v Cummins in it for the fun of it.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 01:37 PM
PSN Veteran

score on the spider and charge pipes for sure!! Getting harder ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) to find

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode