Canít Remove Up-Pipe - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Canít Remove Up-Pipe

I canít get this dang driver side up pipe out. I removed the motor mount bolts on the driver side, removed trans mount nuts, and the engine wonít budge an inch! Iím really confused about whatís going on here. How do I jack up this darn engine on the driver side? Iíve tried a jack under the balancer, oil pan, trans pan, bell housing, and it wants to lift the entire truck! I removed the two large nuts right in the center. Are there others?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Canít Remove Up-Pipe

I have the down pipe out, turbo out, pass up pipe out, and turbo manifold out. Just stuck on that driver up pipe.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:19 AM
PSN Veteran

Put jack under cab mount bolt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:32 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic1 View Post
I canít get this dang driver side up pipe out. I removed the motor mount bolts on the driver side, removed trans mount nuts, and the engine wonít budge an inch! Iím really confused about whatís going on here. How do I jack up this darn engine on the driver side? Iíve tried a jack under the balancer, oil pan, trans pan, bell housing, and it wants to lift the entire truck! I removed the two large nuts right in the center. Are there others?
Its been awhile since I did my 97 but I know I did not have to remove trans bolts,motor mount bolts,jacking. With some finagling it came out[cant remember out the top or down under]. But it took getting just the right twist to it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Man ive tried for 3 hours, my neighbor, city fleet mechanic, tried for 45 mins. There just isnt enough room between the firewall and the exhaust manifold. If i could lift the engine 1" then i could slide it out. I cant get the engine to lift! One I get it out, im gonna use a portapower wedge to open up some space in there.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:54 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Man ive tried for 3 hours, my neighbor, city fleet mechanic, tried for 45 mins. There just isnt enough room between the firewall and the exhaust manifold. If i could lift the engine 1" then i could slide it out. I cant get the engine to lift! One I get it out, im gonna use a portapower wedge to open up some space in there.
Just curious did you try coming out the top? I know some instructions say out the bottom but for some reason I believe I went underneath and twisted it and it came out the top.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

The flange that bolts to the manifold is too thick to squeeze between the back of the head and the firewall. Its just stupid....everything else else came apart in 2 hours! Its like my engine sits too far back or something. I just need to raise the engine a little. Maybe both motor mounts have to be loose?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:04 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
The flange that bolts to the manifold is too thick to squeeze between the back of the head and the firewall. Its just stupid....everything else else came apart in 2 hours! Its like my engine sits too far back or something. I just need to raise the engine a little. Maybe both motor mounts have to be loose?
If your not reusing them this is what one person did. I ended up getting it out with some help and a second set of eyes. Used a die grinder to cut some of the bottom flange off and was able to finally get it to drop out. Certainly not the way to do it if one wanted to save or reuse it. And I was able to snake my new bellowed up pipe for the driver side down from the top even though directions say come up from the bottom. Took some finagling with 2 people but the new one went in a lot easier than the old one coming out going from the top down.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Im installing bellowed up pipes and a KCTP38R turbo. I tried the sawzall but bent up 3 blades and couldnít cut the backside. Iíll try again tomorrow. How do I jack the engine up? Am I missing something?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 AM
PSN intsigator

I think you might have better luck loosening the cab mounts and jacking up the cab to gain the clearance you desire. Don't forget to loosen the fender or core support bolts if you go that way. Fender can be off in few minutes

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode