1997 F250 Multiple Issues Need Advice - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

1997 F250 Multiple Issues Need Advice

I recently bought a 1997 F250 Crewcab shortbed 4x4 auto, from a friend of a friend. Immediately I notice the truck seems to start out in what seems like second gear while in drive. When placing the gear selector in first the truck seems to go in first, but when manually shifting to second and drive something still seems off. Park, neutral and reverse are the only gears that truly seems like they work the way they should. I did purchase auto enguinity with the ford package and immediately I noticed some concerning outputs.
Barometric pressure - 148 psi
Vehicle speed sensor - reads 0 while drying
Turbine Imput Speed Sensor - reads 0 while moving
Output Shaft Speed - reads 0 while moving
Gear Commanded by module - Always returns 2
Engine Coolant Temp - reads 243 degrees when the truck is cold and not even started.
Additional infornation: truck has a fuel leave in the valley, either the fuel bowl or lift pump occasionally causing truck to start and hard start. Assuming this is from the fuel leak. PCM does seems to intermittently disconnect from the scanner and I can hear a relay under the hood toggle on/off half a dozen times really fast then goes away. I recently shipped the PCM out to have it refurbished because all the issues to me pointed to a bad PCM. The company let me know the PCM texted fine and that my issue must be because of something else. The truck returns no codes when scanned, passes a buzz test with flying colors. Truck does fail KOEO, failed KOER and inconclusive when I try a contribution test. All fuses check good and I'm at a loss on where to go next. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode