Fuel Pressure Regulator Problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Fuel Pressure Regulator Problem

hi all,

in my 97 (all stock) I can start it cold and drive it with not so much as a hiccup. When hot, after i shut it off, i can continue to re-start it for 20 minutes, but after that it won't start until it cools down. When it is in this no-start state, I have zero fuel pressure. I seem to have isolated the problem. I can pour a gallon of water over the FPR and then it will start. someone suggested i was inadvertantly getting water on the IPR and it was the real culprit. But i have experimented, and cooling the IPR has no effect and cooling the FPR always works.

I replaced the fuel pump a few months back and while in there rebuilt the fuel bowl and FPR, with high grade parts. had no problems until the weather got hot. Unfortunately I am unable to search on this and also another forum...i just get error messages. An administrator says its due to a problematic changeover of some sort. So i've been unable to find information for almost 1-1/2 weeks. The only thing i can think to do is buy another FPR kit. havent checked the screen.

I also tried loosening the brass nut on the FPR and wiggling the spring a bit while in its no start state, thinking it might reset it or something, not exactly sure how the thing functions. that did not work. Unplugging ICP doesn't work and no codes or CEL. HPOP pressure, voltage, duty cycle are within expected ranges while engine off and while going down the road.

Any ideas are appreciated....has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode