97 F250 Bucking/stalling when engine is hot - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

97 F250 Bucking/stalling when engine is hot

Hi, this my first diesel and am having some issues. The truck starts and runs fine when cold but after 20 minutes of backroad driving it starts to jerk quite a bit. I can see the rpms drop on the tack. Also it will stall at idle and throw a check engine light that goes away as soon. As I kill the power. I replaced the icp sensor after finding oil in the plug and replaced the ipr valve thinking it may be bad but still the same issue. Today I found oil in one of the uvch external plugs. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
-Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 03:52 AM
Project Shamu

Re: 97 F250 Bucking/stalling when engine is hot

You replaced the ICP sensor, but did you replace the wiring plug to it as well? UVCH wouldn't be a bad thing to just "replace" and even if it doesn't fix the problem its wasn't a waste of money.

Do any of the pins in the valve cover harness look burnt?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I did not replace the plug to the icp. There are no burnt pins that I can see externally but I haven't pulled the covers yet to see what's going on inside. I'llll definitely get that icp plug wiring ordered and replaced. I just bought new uvc gaskets for the super duty upgrade and will hopefully have them in today or tomorrow. Also got some new motorcraft glow plugs to put in while the cover is off. I'll update when the gaskets are in. Thanks for the reply!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 AM
PSN Newb

Re: 97 F250 Bucking/stalling when engine is hot

I wouldn't just keep buying parts and trying them. I'd find out what the code is its sending. even if the check engine light goes away, the code is still in there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode