Hydroboost hoses - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2000f250
  • 1 Post By old man dave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hydroboost hoses

Working on installing hydroboost in the truck, got the master cylinder assembly from a friend that changed gears with his project and now I need to know which hoses to get..I have never owned a hydroboost equipped truck so this is new territory for me. My buddy that I got the master cylinder assembly from said I need 1 power steering line from the pump to master cylinder and another line from master cylinder to the steering box..But doesn't that leave an exposed port on the steering box?

Ford wasn't too helpful, my normal parts guy is on vacation for a week and the young kids behind the counter aren't too knowledgeable lol...Any help as to what hoses I need is greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM
PSN Local

Re: Hydroboost hoses

I believe it is pressure house to hydro boost then to gear box. From gear box to cooler back to pump. https://goo.gl/images/naHhMW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dustybumpers likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:38 AM
don't play well w others

Yes, last one is the return line

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys!! Now I get to call around to parts yards (very unlikely) or deal with the morons behind the counter tomorrow...I can't wait till my normal guy is back, he knows better than to ask what I am trying to do lol...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Terminator Nation

All of the hydroboost hoses are the same except the one from the hydroboost to the steering gear box. Aug. 10, 1997 or earlier build date and Aug. 11, 1997 and newer build date. Just go to your year F-Super Duty and look up the hoses. Just year 1997 has the date change for the hoses, the gearbox end fittings are different.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...sure+hose,7320
yellow95 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man dave View Post
All of the hydroboost hoses are the same except the one from the hydroboost to the steering gear box. Aug. 10, 1997 or earlier build date and Aug. 11, 1997 and newer build date. Just go to your year F-Super Duty and look up the hoses. Just year 1997 has the date change for the hoses, the gearbox end fittings are different.

Thank-you Dave! I searched for a 95, never having a hydroboost system before I just want to make sure that I order the right hoses. Im not even sure of their "proper/technical" terms, And I didn't seeing the fluid cooler like in the first responses picture, Is that going to be a dealership-only thing?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:05 AM
Terminator Nation

Tom S found his PS cooling unit in a hardware supply catalog. No reason you can't find something like a small trans cooler.

The original hydroboost article is in a sticky on that other PowerStroke site called the "Army" in the 94-97 Aftermarket section. Describes everything you need for parts. Also have to relocate the pin on the brake pedal to correct high pedal effort. If you don't install disc brakes then don'
t change the prop valve.

The other site is like the PowerstrokeNation but stick in army.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

How do I go about changing the location of the pin for proper braking? Do I have to remove the brake pedal itself??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:42 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow95 View Post
How do I go about changing the location of the pin for proper braking? Do I have to remove the brake pedal itself??
https://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...ost-pedal.html

1997 F-250 Powerstroke, 4x4, D60, RSK, V&B's, 35" BFG ATA's on 16x10's, 6637 DIY Intake, Swamps IDM Mod, 3" DP, 4" single exhaust, Beans E-Fuel, Intercooled, Rosewood 160/80's, T4 S366SXE, Irate 3" Plenums, Terminator T500, Tony Wildman Tunes, Gauges (Pyro/Boost/Trans).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode