NAW6 DPC-202 PCM -- Advice Needed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bugman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

NAW6 DPC-202 PCM -- Advice Needed

I had my garage do some work to my truck which involved removing the wiring harness to the PCM. When they went to plug it back in the pushed on of the pins into the unit and bent another [photo attached]. This process took a day to isolate. Shifts were really hard and overdrive off light was blinking. Eventually found the pin issue and while I was able to bend the one back, I broke the one that was pushed into the box. Is there a way I can fix this pin? Is there a conductive epoxy I could use to reestablish the pin. It's pin 6 on the bottom row. It broke off in the blue backing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180608_163113.jpg (25.3 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 03:23 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: NAW6 DPC-202 PCM -- Advice Needed

If it the orientation is the way that I think that it is that pin is #84 which goes to the Baro sensor under the dash If it is flipped over it is pin #21 which isn't used.

The Baro sensor is used to determine how long the glow plugs stay on along with the engine oil temperature sensor.

It is repairable but you would need to send it out to one of the companies that do PCM repairs. I would just put it back in and see what happens first before sending it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCM Pin Out.jpg (32.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PCM Pin Function.jpg (29.3 KB, 5 views)
anorganicfarmer likes this.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thank you. It appears to be pin 84. Do you think I'd do any damage running it like this?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 04:06 PM
PSN Veteran

It shouldn't as far as the engine running or transmission. As I mentioned the Barometer sensor is used by the PCM along with the EOT (engine oil temperature) sensor to determine how long the glow plugs stay on. So if anything is going to be affected it will be the glow plugs on cold starts.

In the meantime you can check around to find a shop that does PCM repairs and talk to them about getting it fixed properly.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode