Low Power, Low Boost & No Timing - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Unhappy Low Power, Low Boost & No Timing

I have a 97 F250 HD with the 7.3 and auto trans. Went to pick up our new 5th wheel camper today and the truck seemed to be pretty much dead in terms of power. Boost was topping out at about 6 psi (normally could get 12 without towing anything. Last fall pulling our old camper, Gross weight just shy of 19,000# it pulled great even up the mountains in Va. and Tn, boost maxed out about 13 or 14. Fuel psi is good and EGT's seem a little low but there's no good pulls in South Jersey. Started going through the readings in my Edge programmer and came up with a reading of 0 for the timing and did not change at all. other readings seem ok.
Is there a default mode that it would go into if there is a problem? Mods are rebuilt stock turbo and EBPV New up pipes from exhaust to turbo, 3" down pipe with 4" straight through exhaust. I also have an Edge programmer currently set to race mode and an aftermarket inter-cooler system. Seemed to be running ok prior to going to pickup the camper today but haven't really been into the throttle just going back and forth to work. The only other thing that has changed recently was the replacement of my alternator 2 days ago as the last one died.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 11:56 AM
alleged moderator

Re: Low Power, Low Boost & No Timing

welcome to PSN.

first thing i would do is return it to stock tune and give it a try.
it sounds to me like there is an issue with the tuner, because the tuner is what sets the timing.
i am not a fan of edge products, i have heard way to many horrors stories to put one of their products in anything i own.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
welcome to PSN.

it sounds to me like there is an issue with the tuner, because the tuner is what sets the timing.
i am not a fan of edge products, i have heard way to many horrors stories to put one of their products in anything i own.
Thanks. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgut View Post
Thanks. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjctransport View Post
welcome to PSN.

Tried setting it back to stock and still low power and reading 0 timing. I'm thinking possible PCM problem?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode