1995 TPS bad no throttle response please help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

1995 TPS bad no throttle response please help

1995 f-350 7.3.
Truck was running great. Then I started messing with the TPS/pedal sensor. Long story as to why but now the truck starts and idles fine, but when I push the pedal nothing happens, except the check engine light comes on.

As soon as I let off the pedal the CEL goes off. I pump the pedal the overdrive light starts blinking as well, it goes away when I let off the pedal.

Tested IVS with DVM and it ohms out.

My gauges work, so I think not the overdrive switch wiring short.
Was working great before I messed with it so probably not a ground or short.

I hacked up the connector and its possible I put the wrong wire on the wrong terminal could this fry the TPS/pedal sensor ? Bought Doorman 699-200 and also possibly hooked that up backwards so not sure if either sensors are good now.

Could crossing these wires fry the pcm?
Code reader still works gets P0122

Found alot of people with similar problem usually they found a short or changed sensor.

Any thoughts much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 08:06 AM
Terminator Nation

Re: 1995 TPS bad no throttle response please help

Usually not a TPS fault but the IVS switch needs adjustment. Bend the tab hitting the switch so you hear a click on depressing the pedal and another when you release the pedal. When you get both clicks then repeat several times to make sure it happens every time.

The IVS enables the PCM to see that the pedal is being operated and then the PCM will sense the TPS output to rev up the engine from idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode