95 long start. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
College Student

95 long start.

Current situation is that the truck is taking more cranking time to start that seems normal and stalling when shifting up a gear going down hill.
Truck is a 95 SCLB 4EOD with 246k. Stock besides a tranny rebuild (20k ago), injectors replaced (12k ago) and a ts with swamps tunes.

Ever since a little over a year ago when I had baby swamps injectors put in, the start length time seems to be longer than before I had the new injectors put in. It doesn't matter if it is hot or cold. It used to start almost instantly, now it takes about 3 or so seconds. It still starts fine, but doesn't sound as strong as it used too and is kind of annoying. I watch my ICP and IPR gauges on Torque Pro and they seem to rise fast in acceptable rates if that makes any sense.

As well as the starts being long, I am still having a problem with the truck diving when shifting from 1 to 2, 1 to D or 2 to D when going down hill. This is the only time it happens. The truck riddles down pretty low any you can tell it is gonna die if you don't blip the throttle. I have replaced the ICP sensor and it seemed to make it not happen as much, but not entirely fix it. I pulled a working ICP sensor from a buddies truck and it didn't make a difference.

I don't know if these are IPR related or not or what the problem is.... Just recently replaced the mechanical fuel pump and resealed the fuel bowl a month ago.
The longer starts are annoying and the stalling when going down hill is sketchy with trailers....

95 Auto. 4.10 gears. SCLB. Stock besides Baby Swamps Injectors and TS-6 chip with swamps tunes. AFE MaxFlow. Glowshift trans, pyro, and boost. 6.0 IC KC TP38R. Converted EBPV to exhaust brake.

Last edited by Cumminsdurastroke; 04-24-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode