Trouble with pids using Torque Pro on 1995 PSD - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Trouble with pids using Torque Pro on 1995 PSD

I am able to connect to the truck using a vgate obd2 adapter. I can get RPMs to read on the gauge but none of the custom pids I have tried worked. When I try testing them, they say "no data". Has anyone else had these issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:37 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Trouble with pids using Torque Pro on 1995 PSD

Your 95 PCM isnt OBDII enabled. You're gonna have to get your PCM re flashed to be OBDII enabled. Ford does it or you can go the cheaper route like I did and send your PCM to Swamps diesel performance to get it reflashed for $65 plus shipping. 97 was the first year where the 7.3 had this feature, 95 doesn't even though it has the OBDII port . I had all the same questions you have, this should fix your problem. They reflash your PCM to that of a 97 PSD with all the goodies so your glow plugs wont cycle as long after engine is warm, your shift points will be better, OBDII compatibility, my engine starts a lot smoother now too. It's a good thing to do highly recommended and worth the hastle of removing your pcm.

I'm new here also so I can't send you a link so I'll just give you directions.

go to Swampsdiesel.com > Products > 1994.5-2003 7.3L > Scroll down click PCM > PCM flash service
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I had a guy at a transmission shop read a transmission code and a ebps code with his scanner. It was either an Autel or a Solus. I assumed that since he was able to read codes with his scanner, my computer must have been reflashed. Were you able to use some functions with a scanner before your reflash? Thanks for directing me toward swamps service.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:28 AM
PSN Newb

I just remembered you need to download the PIDs for Ford Powerstroke if you havent done it already. If it still does the same thing let me know.

Open torque app > Settings> Manage Extra PIDs/Sensors > click the 3 dots button > Add predefined set > Ford (Incl Powerstroke)

I had used a bluetooth OBD II reader prior to the PCM flash service and it would shut my truck off every time I attempted to connect to it with my phone. At that time I used a $5-$10 bluetooth OBDII reader using my iphone (not a great combo) I've upgraded to a $20 BAFX unit since then using android tablet with no problems. pretty sure Solus can read OBD1 codes with an adapter so that wouldn't surprise, not sure about Autel.

The bolt doesn't really care who made your wrench, its going to be a stubborn prick regardless.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:50 AM
College Student

I have a 95 that's PCM has never been returned or anything.
I loaded the powerstroke PID from the app. Then had to manually enter in the rest of them. I have volts, Map, EOT, EBP, InjPW, HPOP, IPR, TF, VFD, RPM, Speed, and a few more working. You just have to take the time and manually enter them in.

I cannot scan for codes with my the torque pro app, but I can use the same blue tooth adapter for my phone on my laptop and use forscan to do any more advance stuff or pull codes.

95 Auto. 4.10 gears. SCLB. Stock besides Baby Swamps Injectors and TS-6 chip with swamps tunes. AFE MaxFlow. Glowshift trans, pyro, and boost. 6.0 IC KC TP38R. Converted EBPV to exhaust brake.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Rpm works, but others I have manually entered do not. TFT for example. I have entered it as shown, when I select test it displays "no data". It has been the same for any of the others I have tried.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:37 PM
PSN Newb

I didnt have to enter any of those PIDs, they come with the Ford (Incl Powerstroke) predefined set of PIDs. Some people don't realize that the PCM reflash service is 20 year old software. your truck could have been taken in years ago before you owned it and had the pcm Flashed to the most up to date version with OBDII compliance. I believe that is why there is so much confusion on the internet with the whole OBDII thing on OBS Fords, because people dont know what PCM code they have.

The bolt doesn't really care who made your wrench, its going to be a stubborn prick regardless.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I will send out my pcm for a reflash. I will report back with the results.
Danny Griffin likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 11:37 AM

You can take it to your local ford dealership and have it flashed.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
You can take it to your local ford dealership and have it flashed.
The whole truck not just the PCM

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode