missing under load - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

missing under load

I have a 1995 (build date of 10/94) f-350 I purchased the truck in 1995 from the original owner with 30k miles on it.. It has 162k miles on it. I had a solid flywheel and new clutch installed, I rebuilt the fuel bowl and regulator, new fuel pump an rubber lines. It suddenly started to shake more and is missing under acceleration. It went from running fine to it current state as I was pulling in my driveway. I have checked the connectors that plug into the valve covers and they look fine except the rear drive side clip is broken and when i removed it, it had oil inside the plug. I pulled driver side valve cover and all looked fine underneath. All connections tight and nothing broken or melted. Anyone have any ideas what may be the cause? I have no check engine light. The only thing i can see different is if i rev the engine and hold it at a constant rpm, the tach will slowly drop a couple of hundred rpm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:45 PM
PSN Newb

Re: missing under load

i actually have this same problem , replaced fuel bowl assembly new, fuel pump new, valve cover gaskets new, and about to do the same rear wire connector tab broke on mine also at napa there 30$ but i see online at some diesel sites can get around 12-15$ a peice, im just hoping a injector aint starting to go or hybrid time lol

also i cant get mine to throw a code either and sometimes my code reader wont connect to pcm
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 01:54 AM
PSN Veteran

Check your oil level. Check your fuel pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel bowl. Also, if the wires/pins aren't melted, you can get a connector repair kit and just replace the connector shell piece with the broken tab (just get the wires in the same order). Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I got AE with the ford bundle and ran buzz test. #5 sounds real weak, 6 sounds bad also.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I need to also add that i have a hard time getting it started unless i plug it up. Its in the 70's here today and it took around 10 trys to get it started. Its been that way a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode