'97 F350 CC LR window motor - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lt.Dan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
NightVision

'97 F350 CC LR window motor

I recently purchased a new replacement LR window motor for my crew cab. The LR factory motor has a 11 tooth gear. The RR also has a 11 tooth gear as well. The new replacement LR motor has a 9 teeth gear. This company is trying to tell me that a 97 F350 CC LR has a 9 tooth motor and my window lift regulator is not what was installed from the factory. Every motor that I have replaced in the rear of a OBS has a 11 tooth motor on either side, not a 9 tooth.

I would like to see how many OBS CC guys and Gals that have ever changed out a rear window motor with 9 teeth. I want to prove them wrong and force them to take back this 9 tooth motor before I bash them in the internet arena. Thank you in advance for your input.

"As iron sharpens iron, so man sharpens his fellow man"

Ace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:54 AM
PSN Local

Re: '97 F350 CC LR window motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2red View Post
I recently purchased a new replacement LR window motor for my crew cab. The LR factory motor has a 11 tooth gear. The RR also has a 11 tooth gear as well. The new replacement LR motor has a 9 teeth gear. This company is trying to tell me that a 97 F350 CC LR has a 9 tooth motor and my window lift regulator is not what was installed from the factory. Every motor that I have replaced in the rear of a OBS has a 11 tooth motor on either side, not a 9 tooth.

I would like to see how many OBS CC guys and Gals that have ever changed out a rear window motor with 9 teeth. I want to prove them wrong and force them to take back this 9 tooth motor before I bash them in the internet arena. Thank you in advance for your input.
I've ran into issues before with certain places that view the 97 f350 as a new body style instead of an OBS. I bet if you ordered a motor for a 96, it would be 11 tooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1997 F350 7.3 PSD CCLB 4x4 Auto 310,000 miles Bone stock
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
NightVision

Here is the reply:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the window regulator motor that you purchased#from us. According to#the information that you have provided to us the window motor that you received with the 9 teeth are meant to replace the OE part. If you are saying that your window motor currently has 11 teeth that indicates that#the window regulator that you currently have in#your 1997 Ford F350 is an after market replacement# part and not the OE part that came original with your vehicle. At this time we are only able to offer a return for the most recent order that you received from us as the first one unfortunately was placed past the initial#60 day return for a refund guarantee. You will need to purchase a window regulator with motor in order to get your window to work again.
I have sent a prepaid return label to the email address for your convenience.

Add stated 94-97. Here is the link to the purchase.
Window Motor Power Rear Left LH Driver For 94-97 Ford F250 F350 F450 Crew Cab | eBay

"As iron sharpens iron, so man sharpens his fellow man"

Ace.

Last edited by kb2red; 08-01-2017 at 04:51 AM. Reason: add info

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 05:51 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2red View Post
Here is the reply:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the window regulator motor that you purchased#from us. According to#the information that you have provided to us the window motor that you received with the 9 teeth are meant to replace the OE part. If you are saying that your window motor currently has 11 teeth that indicates that#the window regulator that you currently have in#your 1997 Ford F350 is an after market replacement# part and not the OE part that came original with your vehicle. At this time we are only able to offer a return for the most recent order that you received from us as the first one unfortunately was placed past the initial#60 day return for a refund guarantee. You will need to purchase a window regulator with motor in order to get your window to work again.
I have sent a prepaid return label to the email address for your convenience.

Add stated 94-97. Here is the link to the purchase.
Window Motor Power Rear Left LH Driver For 94-97 Ford F250 F350 F450 Crew Cab | eBay
Looks like they're confused. Front windows have 9 teeth. Rear have 11. Look at RockAuto. They need to do their homework a little better. I would open a grievance with eBay if they don't make it right... https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...dow+motor,1516

1997 F350 7.3 PSD CCLB 4x4 Auto 310,000 miles Bone stock
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Terminator Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismug View Post
Looks like they're confused. Front windows have 9 teeth. Rear have 11. Look at RockAuto. They need to do their homework a little better. I would open a grievance with eBay if they don't make it right... https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...dow+motor,1516

Send them the same link and have them click on the picture of the motor assembly and then count the fricking teeth!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 12:48 AM
Project Shamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismug View Post

@lewismug is correct, they have it backwards.
lewismug likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode