Gates 45000 Water Pump Review - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Gates 45000 Water Pump Review

Curious if anyone has been using the Gates 45000 water pump? Ive used them in the past on gassers and didnt have any problems and all were made in Canada or USA. Was going to go with OEM pump through Dieselsite but thier lifetime warranty does not include seal failure, which is where majority of the pumps begin to fail before the bearing goes. And then the cost of shipping it back to confirm why it failed. Also looked at going the international w/ filter route but cant justify cost. Looking for advice from those who have actually used the Gates pump of thier 7.3 along with current mileage on pump. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Project Shamu

Re: Gates 45000 Water Pump Review

I still have factory water pump on mine, but when it does start to weep, I will be going with international with built in filter. I believe its worth the money.

If that helps you any.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 AM
PSN Veteran

The Dieselsite pump does cover the pump seals (the ones that will cause the leakage at the weep hole). They don't cover the thermostat or housing-to-front cover seals. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Terminator Nation

Is the Dieselsite pump sourced from IH or is it a close copy?

By the way, the oring for the shut-off valve for the filter should be changed before the pump is installed since the original ones tend to leak after a few miles. There are some real horror stories about replacing the oring in place. As is. its a little tricky to replace even on the bench. As I recall, should use a viton 205, available from your local hydraulic shop or McMaster-Carr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode