E4od unlock switch - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

E4od unlock switch

7.3 dually dump truck. Rebuilt this truck all the way down to bare frame. Rebuilt the trans with 4r100 parts and a Tugger HD shift kit and low stall tc. Truck shifts awsome but my only prob is I'm all back roads with hills.. I hit 33 mph and if I don't ease the throttle the tc locks right away and kinda chugs a bit. If I hammer down its OK but I like to go easy and at 15 to 1700 rpm in third and when the tc locks up a hill it doesn't like it unless I let off right before it locks and I can't feel it. My question is can I install a lighted toggle switch to cut the circuit and when I'm at around 35 to 40 mph with rims at 2 just flip the switch for normal operation. And if I never switch it off it will be as if there is no switch? I just need it locked a few mph more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Terminator Nation

Re: E4od unlock switch

The chip programmers can sell you a chip with revised shift points and some more power to boot. Give them a call and tell them what you want.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ya I have a ts6 chip now. All my shift points are good just locks to soon. Can I put a switch in to tell it when to lock.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Project Shamu

I think thats what old man dave was trying to get at, custom tunes for the ts6 can do that for you, no switch needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I didnt want to take it out and send my chip out. Its fine just alot of hills. Could i just put a 2 pin toggle in and break the tc lock wire and switch it on when rpms are at 2000 not 1500 and bogs like ####
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:44 PM
PSN Local

techniclally yes bout most likely will throw a code for torque converter slippage

personally id get the chip adjusted like others have said they can move just the lockup setting to a higher rpm
or if it was my truck id prefer it to be locked and in 2nd gear to keep heat down

97ccsb 4x4
395k miles
3"dp 4" exhaust
digital egt gage & trans temp
aeroforce intercptor single gauge
swamps ts chip
baby swamps
kc turbos billet wheel and 1.0 housing
dana 60 swap (all stock 350 stuff for now)
77 f150 4x4 rclb
getting a 4.6 4v with m5od soon (in process)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh77 View Post
techniclally yes bout most likely will throw a code for torque converter slippage

personally id get the chip adjusted like others have said they can move just the lockup setting to a higher rpm
or if it was my truck id prefer it to be locked and in 2nd gear to keep heat down
Ok ill look into it. So if i cut the circuit for the lock it will still slip? Its tuff bc i have a 10 mile drive at about 30 to 35 and when the tc locks at that speed to rpm is at 1300. Kinda to low. I have a big cooler and i can drive for an hour or two before my temp gauge hits 100deg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode