Left bank dead all of a sudden - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Left bank dead all of a sudden

Took the family from Portland to Bend this weekend to coach in a baseball tournament. No problems on the 200 mile drive and back and forth to games. Loaded everything up at noon to come home and truck starts and then proceeds to run on only one bank. Left bank exhaust is completely cold. Ran a buzz test and can hear all 8 injectors. Got codes for high to low circuit fault in #2 and #4. While it's loping at idle I can pull the harness connector from #2 and #4 an no change in idle. Got an IDM code error as well. Needing to get home and nothing open on Memorial Day I have it towed. Got home and pulled the drivers side valve cover off expecting to find melted gasket or UVCH's and found neither. Fired the truck off and no oil from any injectors on that side. I'm thinking IDM failure from what I've researched but don't want to order one until I know and don't have a spare available. Anything else to look at? Oil was just changed before trip and at the right level.

97 F250 California Model, down pipe, DP Tuner, ATS intercooler, 170K, Beans electronic fuel delivery, gutted EBPV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Left bank dead all of a sudden

Still having the issue? What are the actual codes? (Note - words aren't codes, codes are.)

Listen again on the buzz test. If you can, you or a helper stand in front of the truck, dead center in front of the blue oval on the hood. Make sure when it buzzes, you actually hear it alternate side to side, right, left, right, left, etc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 12:18 AM
PSN Veteran

I bet the Israelis are ecstatic!!!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 12:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Um, that's the WEST bank. About the LEFT bank, you'd have to ask your average Parisien(ne).....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 10:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Kruegerk, Have you had any work done under the hood recently? It almost sounds like a connector that is not mating properly or maybe a severed wire. Let us know and we will try to suggest something that will solve your problem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well took it to the dealer to have them diagnosis although the codes I scanned indicated IDM. Wanted to confirm before buying reman IDM. They verified it was the IDM. It's strange as there was no problem whatsoever the day before. Shut the truck down and went to fire it up the next day and that Bank went dead. Codes that I retrieved were P1316, P0605, P0282, P1272, P1274.

New IDM and everything is fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode