Intervention on the addiction.... NAH, I'm good! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Intervention on the addiction.... NAH, I'm good!

Hey Guys,
Wife has been buggin me to quit the OBS addiction and modern up to gas 150... ahhh nope... no intervention required... nope... not gonna and you can't make me... Throwin high octane on the fire and standin back way back... bought this couple days ago. It's nice you'll love i says...

97 F250 ECLB 4x4 7.3 E4OD 4:10 Tan White Tan, carpet tan interior. 91k Kms for US pals that's about 55k miles.
Body and interior is in very nice shape, ok it's immaculate I'd say, even my darling agreed she was like Ooo this is NICE.

I've not made time to scan or mess with much yet. Was owned by HD mechanic that by all accountants was meticulous. It does have DP and 4" exhaust and did have amsoil filter in stock air box (that's gone as of last night).

I don't think it's been driven much (over the winter or last year), seemed slow to fire up initially like Gp's needed attention. After topping up tanks driving couple hundred miles with fuel additive it fires up fine, thinking it has the stock starter and not the SD ones I'm used to so it take a couple seconds more not instant.

So here's my question at idle, normal op temps, it runs a bit lumpy and almost seems just a titch down on rpm, I don't think it has a programer on it but it may have in the past. I did clean out the return fuel line screen on the fuel bowl regulator and dropped a .177 pellet into fuel regulator to pump up fuel pressure.

I'll check the voltage on the fuel peddle reostat and bump up if need be, also gotta remove the fuel peddle spring as it's way too stiff.

I'll try to scan today to see if something's off.
Any insight to slight lumpy idle?

I'll link some pix to Dropbox soon.

Addiction be dammed.... I'm good....Inspector Draffus eye twitch..... MUwhahahahaa

j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10s 37 Toyo R/Ts intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lights: VisionX & HID projectors in headlights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Intervention on the addiction.... NAH, I'm good!

Ok so adjusted the fuel peddle reostat to read 4.3 volts @ WOT. Also drill and taped a small set cap screw to set throttle tip in on the Idle Validation Switch. Removed the throttle peddle spring and shimmed the whole fuel peddle away from the firewall by about 1/2". Much better feel now, little snappier response on fuel input as it was at 3.8 v @ WOT.

AE scanned and cylinder #6 didn't meet contribution test, did it twice. Quick check on outside wire harness plug and it looked fine, will run test again this weekend and do closer inspection of harness and VC gasket. Will have a look at CPS too. Anything else I should check?

j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10s 37 Toyo R/Ts intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM
PSN Veteran

You have to figure that a 20 year old truck will run a little rough at times, but it looks like you are on the right track to make it run smoooooooth.

One thing for you to remember is never let your wife ride in one of those new F150's, she'll have your truck at the dealer in a heartbeat to trad it in on it. The new trucks run as smooth as a car does now days.

This next week I am going to tackle the front wheel bearings and new shocks. They just need to be babied at times.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post

One thing for you to remember is never let your wife ride in one of those new F150's, she'll have your truck at the dealer in a heartbeat to trad it in on it. The new trucks run as smooth as a car does now days.
That is exactly why it's in my name and she's already driven the brother in laws... the good news is we (if you can call it that) we got caught up in the VW Diesel Gate with a 2015 Jetta. Long story short we are selling it back and in the interim have already bought a 2012 Touareg TDi for her. And me to mess with... heh heh, thinking it's gonna be a nice rig.

Buzz test was good all sounded exactly the same. Think I might swap in a different PCM when I get a moment.

j

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode