no throttle after starting engine help!!!!!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

no throttle after starting engine help!!!!!!!

been haveing this problem for 3 weeks progressively worse and worse and now its at it end
im a member over at fte and have the same posts but not many resposies so im hoping this is more diesel oriented hoping someone can help figure this out....
it started with i was cruising down the highway and it like the truck went into safe mode check engine light came on pulled over let it sit a minute poped engine thinking maybe broke a line or something nothing restart the truck runs fine like nothing happened get home park it...
start it next day its fine fuel up and go to work omw home i hit a small hill and it just starts to die like im letting off the gas but i have it floored....drop the girst and have to crawl in second gear to get up and over hill and the throttle just ist there
the next few days i start to lose pedal goes and comes engine will rev then wont
then last week if i hit any hill or strain on the motor i had to stop the truck start in first and could not get into second no power to do so ......a few days ago zero throttle uless i popped the truck forward into first gear then the truck would throttle but have loss of power going up any hill it pretty much wont get out of its own way now i have zero throttle unless i shut truck off and restart with pedal depressed then ill have throttle hit second gear if i let off the gas too much i lose the pedal and it just runs at idle.so in short i have pedal if i start the truck once i let off enough i lose it and get nothing any stress on the motor and it idles down to idle its like in a safe mode
have checked replaced tps and checked the other sensor on pedal for contuinity which is 12.8v pedal pressed it goes to zero so idle control is not bad.....so this morning i checked the fuel bowl replaced filter dropped front tank which is the only one that works and well diesel looks like watery milk tons of water so i scrub out the tank squeeky clean and reassemble truck idles alot better and when i start up and have throttle it has a veryy nice throttle sound it revs like it should.....but the problem still persists no pedal.....its ran rough im assuming due to the bad fuel ive been getting from the gas station could that fuel effect any electronics or sensors maybe putting the truck into a safe mode ? i can send someone a vide through cell phone if it helps but this issue is driving me nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: no throttle after starting engine help!!!!!!!

sorry for grammer
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: no throttle after starting engine help!!!!!!!

so you have water in your fuel tank cleaned it out ran a little better and then returned
Do you notice loss of coolant? Do you think the 7.3 could be putting the water in the fuel? oil?
How did the fuel bowl look?

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, 6" Suspension lift, 37" Dick Cepeks
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, planning a TTB 4x4 conversion
21.9 liter family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode