Powerstroke Efuel cant get fuel from Tanks Help Needed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Powerstroke Efuel cant get fuel from Tanks Help Needed

Been a few years since I was on here, I have a fuel issue that wont let my truck start.

My main Issue is I can't get fuel from any tank to the Pump On the frame rail. The Pump looks like a SD unit.

My truck has E fuel on it and i have no pressure at the fuel pressure gauge at the front of the motor, I've taken the bed off and opened the tanks up the rear tank was clear full of fuel and the front had maybe 1/4 tank. Looking at the sending units the front had the Black Umbrella with the screen piece laying at the bottom of the tank, But the Rear tank sending unit looked in good shape.

My #6 Fuse keeps blowing if that helps.

I'm completely baffled by this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Powerstroke Efuel cant get fuel from Tanks Help Needed

pull the line off the back of the tank selector and blow air through them back into the tank
Then check lines from pump back to selector switch
Make sure nothing is blocked
Its quite possible there might be pieces of plastic blocking flow

Also fuse #6 dues that power your E fuel system?
Is the superduty pump getting power? running?

Do you still have the stock fuel bowl? If so you need to check the return line and fuel bowl, FPR to make sure there is no blockage anywhere

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, 6" Suspension lift, 37" Dick Cepeks
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, planning a TTB 4x4 conversion
21.9 liter family
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:14 PM
PSN Veteran

If he has E fuel then he won't have the stock fuel filter/bowl system.

Does the pump run and not draw or as 410 asked is it tied to fuse #6 that blows? According to the power distribution fuse panel the #6 fuse goes to Trailer Right Stop/Turn Lamps, if it is in the under hood fuse block.

Perhaps the fuel pump is bad even if it does run.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 PM
PSN Veteran

If the pump comes on but you have no fuel pressure then perhaps one of your fittings is sucking air. Is there fuel in the filters?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

The system is whatever Beans Diesel sells but yes the Pump does run but doesn't seem to draw fuel.

If it helps the fuel gauge in the truck only stays buried on the F when i switch it and the rear tank was clear full and the front was almost out so i figured it was running off the front when the selector valve decided to i guess not work.

I think the Pump is good but something between the lines and the tanks messed up, could the valve being stuck cause it not to get fuel?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Well if the selector is stuck on the front tank then yes that could be the problem. The valve default to the front tank found that out when the plug came off my switch in the cab so you can add fuel to the front tank and see if it primes if so the you can figure oit why the valve doesnt switch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Blow some air from the pump back to the tank.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:21 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic1 View Post
Blow some air from the pump back to the tank.
If you try this use low pressure air or you just might blow the foot off of the pickup in the tank and even if you use low pressure air you might do it also. Then you will be dropping the tank.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 05:05 PM
PSN Veteran

I did this because the foot had broke into pieces and got lodged in the line. If the tanks haven't been dropped in years, I'd be fairly certain the foot is toast.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Terminator Nation

If the foot is gone then that tank will not draw below a 1/4 tank or so. Add fuel to that tank and see if fuel is then picked up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode