Running Lights Randomly Turn On - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Running Lights Randomly Turn On

1997 F350 CC DRW 7.3 XLT WITH Remote Entry

Found the running lights illuminated on the truck after it had been parked a few times over the course of a couple of weeks.

The first time the only way to get the lights off was to pull the Trailer Light Relay under the hood and then the 8 Fuse under the dash. I repeatedly cycled the key fob with no avail.

I read that the Headlight Switch can be an issue so I swapped that out and the plug looks fine no issues there.

So I had no issues for two weeks and today my lights randomly came on again while the truck was parked and hadn't moved in 1 week.

This time I removed the 4 Relay under the hood Fender Marker lights extinguished. Pulled the 8 Fuse under dash. This time all of running lights remained on unlike last time. I repeatedly cycled the key fob to no avail (door locks attempt to lock/unlock but it doesn't have any affect on the lights). So I started pulling all fuses under the dash, no help. I pulled the Headlight switch from the plug no help. I removed tape from the harness to inspect wires behind the Headlight Switch plug for shorts no help. Pulled fuses from under hood and Fuse 17 got the lights to go out! Fuse 17 has associated fuses (I'm not sure if the associated fuses are under the dash or under the hood).

I'm suspecting an issue with the Factory Key Fob/Alarm system hanging a Relay. Any help with wiring diagrams or prior experience with this issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 04:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Running Lights Randomly Turn On

If you are going to have the truck for a while, I recommend getting one of these: 1997 F-Ser/Super Duty Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual - Helm Incorporated

Best $30 you will spend on the truck. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode