Code P0475 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Code P0475

I'm getting this KOEO code. I have a delete pedestal and obviously the wire is unplugged. I do not have a Cali truck. I thought only Cali trucks would throw a code for this. Maybe I'm wrong. Just trying to trouble shoot my P0605 and P0475 codes. Truck is going into limp mode.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Code P0475

I removed the chip and drove the truck for half an hour. No problems reported so par. I still get the P0475 code during the KOEO test but no more P0605. Running the KOER test I get only P0475 again. I assume now that the remaining code is because I have deleted the EBPV. The absence of P0605 code has me puzzled. Does this code come up anytime a chip is installed in the PCM J-Port, or does code mean there is something wrong with my chip? If the truck had acted up today after removing the chip then I could rule out the chip, but it hasn't so I'm left with unanswered questions. I'll drive it through the weekend with the chip removed, and reinstall the chip on Easter if no problems arise. Then if the problem comes back, it's got to be the chip. Can anyone clarify for me about the P0605 code being stored when a chip s installed?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
KC TP38R, CNC Fab Bellowed Up-Pipes, Full Force Stg 1 injectors, 3" DP, 4" exhaust, CNC Fab HPOP, Mark F E-Fuel, 7.3 Intercooler, 1.0 Exhaust Housing, TS Chip, remote coolant filter, and VB.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 02:55 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic1 View Post
The absence of P0605 code has me puzzled. Does this code come up anytime a chip is installed in the PCM J-Port, or does code mean there is something wrong with my chip?
Whoever manufactured or most recently programmed the chip would be the most qualified to answer that question. That's who to contact.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

It's a huge cluster #%#*. I bought the chip at a recommended diesel shop, it was programmed wrong and smoked like a house on fire. They bout the chip from FullForce, so I returned it to FullForce. They sent it out to Gearheads in Tx. Now everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else.

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:22 AM
PSN Veteran

On the P0475, did you leave the EBPV solenoid connector just disconnected, or did you leave the solenoid coil in the circuit (or install an appropriate resistor in place of the coil)? Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I think I need a resistor of some sort. I threw everything in the trash. Where do I get this resistor and how does it install?

1997 CCSB, 7.3/E4OD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:39 PM
PSN Veteran

You can get one here: #13-023 EPV Fooler resistor - Turbo and Related Items - 1994-1998 Ford 7.3L

or you could buy one at Radio Shack, etc. I forget what the resistance value is though. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode