Fuel Filter Bowl Leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Fuel Filter Bowl Leak

I noticed a small leak in the fuel bowl area and I took out the schrader valve because that's where I thought it was coming from. After trying to put the valve back in, the assembly broke. Please see picture below and offer any advice. Do I need to replace the entire fuel filter assembly?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170326_142850.jpg (15.9 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Fuel Filter Bowl Leak

It actually used to be cheaper to buy the whole thing (and still may be), but maybe someone here that converted to efuel can help you out with either a fuel bowl assembly or just the regulator. Not sure if you have enough meat left there to maybe drill and tap it to 1/4 NPT and plug it to get you going? Riffraff has new bowl assemblies for about $300. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I am assuming the entire assembly pops out pretty easy? I have found a couple instructions online, but nothing really directly for an OBS.

Also, do you have any recommendations for e-fuel conversion from a particular vendor? Is it better to have a my local shop do an e fuel conversion?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 01:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Removal is simple (especially now that regulator is already off). Remove Turbo Y-pipe and hoses. Loosen hose clamps from bowl to pump, and drain to hard line. Disconnect harness on the passenger side of the bowl and disconnect the IPR. Remove the two bolts that hold the bowl assembly to the block. Remove bowl assembly.

There are e-fuel systems available, but I have not kept up on the ins-and-outs of the ones available from the vendors (or who the vendors are now). They are not inexpensive. Many folks choose to do their own DIY systems. You may want to research that avenue to see what's involved. I would have to have a lot of faith in a local shop to have them do a conversion, unless they were installing another vendor's system. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 AM
Native Texan

Garage

yeah Efuels are not cheap but I built mine own even using all high end parts and stainless steel fittings mine was under 700.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 02:46 PM
PSN Veteran

OUCH!

Ford F250 F350 7.3 Diesel Fuel Bowl Filter Housing OBS 94 95 96 97 | eBay

96-97 f250, f350, f super duty 7.3 powerstroke fuel bowl and regulator | eBay

Your local Craigslist may have some private parties parting out 7.3 trucks/engines
If you can tapp that broken piece to accept the 1/8" NPT threads you can plug that hole and move the schrader valve to the other port

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, 6" Suspension lift, 37" Dick Cepeks
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, planning a TTB 4x4 conversion
21.9 liter family
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM
PSN Local

You could try and tap the broken hole and screw in a similar type valve stem part. Just an Idea, I would buy a new one. The stock fuel pressure regulators leak often. I just had to rebuild mine.

That OBS Life
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:32 PM
MotherHucker

Take a look at DieselOrings.com
Might not have what you need, but maybe they do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode