Exhaust leak by turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exhaust leak by turbo

I have a 95 f350 power stroke. I've only owned the truck since October of last year and this forum has help me so much already. I have stumbled upon an issue I can't seem to resolve with simple searches though. When I start the truck and the ebpv closes you can hear a very loud hissing from under the hood. I know this to be an exhaust leak on the exhaust side of the turbo. I did some "trying to find the leak" testing by having a friend start the truck and me running my hand all around and behind the turbo. Well it feels as if the leak is coming from under the turbo close to where the pedestal is. Is it common for the gaskets where the exhaust part bolts up to leak? I'm pretty sure it's not the up pipes. What's some other ways to pin point my leak? Any advise is welcome. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:49 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Exhaust leak by turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy3024 View Post
I have a 95 f350 power stroke. I've only owned the truck since October of last year and this forum has help me so much already. I have stumbled upon an issue I can't seem to resolve with simple searches though. When I start the truck and the ebpv closes you can hear a very loud hissing from under the hood. I know this to be an exhaust leak on the exhaust side of the turbo. I did some "trying to find the leak" testing by having a friend start the truck and me running my hand all around and behind the turbo. Well it feels as if the leak is coming from under the turbo close to where the pedestal is. Is it common for the gaskets where the exhaust part bolts up to leak? I'm pretty sure it's not the up pipes. What's some other ways to pin point my leak? Any advise is welcome. Thank you
Check your up-pipe donughts that are near the turbo flange. Both of mine were leaking.

1995 powerstroke f350, CCLB, AT, 3'' DP to 5'' straight pipe, ts-6, 6637, pyro, boost, trans temp guages. E-fuel RR, kctp38r, Pedistal delete, SS bellowed uppipes, 37x13.5x20.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Exhaust leak by turbo

I put hand around there and didn't really feel anything. The leak defiantly felt like it was coming from under the turbo. I plan to pull it to rebuild the pedestal but wanted to order all the parts prior to doing so. Worst case is I pull it then figure it out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode