Vacuum pump - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
CSAR Bish

Vacuum pump

Ok I just swapped the 3rd pump in the past year and a half.. What frigging gives, are they that crappy, now the new one howls when ever I apply the brakes, not to mention the ebrake light come on when ever I come to a stop, and my brake controller is acting up.. What the frick gives

97' F-Tree Fity CC Dually, Lowerd 3/5inches, 4 inch Borla side dump prior to the duals, 6 position TS performance chip, DIY intake, home built engine brake, on board GPS and internet, custom interior
Compitition Rock Buggy, Tube chassis, 37s, air shocks, full hydro.. A load of fun
06' American Manufacture 18' dove tail trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Re: Vacuum pump

I got my last Vac. pump from Oreilys of course that was on my other 97 f-250 the one before that failed in like 3 months but you gotta love lifetime parts replacement. The truck I have now has a noisy vac. pump it is singing the death is near song .lol

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
CSAR Bish

#### all I can find are the 1 year stuff, The last one came from Oreilys but there arent any of those stores out here in NM, so its either Auto Zone or NAPA, and they were the same

97' F-Tree Fity CC Dually, Lowerd 3/5inches, 4 inch Borla side dump prior to the duals, 6 position TS performance chip, DIY intake, home built engine brake, on board GPS and internet, custom interior
Compitition Rock Buggy, Tube chassis, 37s, air shocks, full hydro.. A load of fun

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

I would probably go buy a ford one at this point. Any chance a belt tensioner pulley allignment problem is at play.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 AM
ford man

That sucks. I had 270k for mine failed and the new one does just fine. CHeck pulley alignmernt or how the bearings are on the idler.

1994.5 crew cab, wildman tunes, homebuilt fuel system, 5 in stacks, intercooler, and 320K miles 160 DIY's and a 38r 4wd not two anymore converted by me SOLD.

New ride 2005 cc lb dually with a 12v installed by me.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
BCT
PSN Local

same issue with my napa units. I dont care if they are lifetime. one a year is BS. Goin to Furd on the next one.

1997 F350 4x4 XLT
Not Stock
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 PM

I had the last one replaced by Motortrucks, I didn't want to pay for towing... anyways the tech there said they have been shipping them with no oil in them to save on shipping costs. Problem is the manufacturers didn't bother to tell anyone, he said they had been replacing quite a few of them over the past year or so. So when you get a new one just check and make sure it has oil in it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
CSAR Bish

Being that mine is only a month old Im going to try and put some oil in it since Its singing, where do I add the oil at, how much and what type of oil?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:06 PM

I'm embarrassed, I didn't even ask the guy. He said there is a fill hole on the side, but I think you have to take it off to get to it... I could be wrong I have not looked at mine for some time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode