Motor's In- But No Start-Help!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

Question Motor's In- But No Start-Help!!!

I filled the hpop with oil and filled the engine crankcase. Started turning the motor over and checked the fuel level in the bowl. It filled up and the oil pressure on the gauge came up. The high pressure oil is a little above 3500 psi. It set a code of P0344, cam sensor cicuit intermittent. So I pulled the new gray cps and put in my blue one that was working fine when I pulled the motor. It turns over for awhile and then starts hitting like it's want's to start but doesn't. When it does this it's rough. What should I do?

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:34 PM

Re: Motor's In- But No Start-Help!!!

3500PSI!!!! Just cranking?

That's WAAAAYYYY too high!

Sounds like your IPR is stuck CLOSED. Remove and clean it, one sec and I'll get you the instructions.

What is IPR Duty Cycle% ?
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Click IPR Rebuild Instructions

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

Duty cycle I think was about 55%
I have the instructions for the IPR.
Think that's what I should do?

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 PM

I really do. Unless you can find another reason ICP is so high, just cranking.

Maybe try unplugging the ICP sensor, maybe it's wigging out, and that's super easy.

If it doesn't start or change after unplugging the ICP sensor though, I would remove / clean / replace the IPR.
3500 while cranking is rediculously way too high.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

I'll go try unplugging the ICP first and see what it does.
Thanks

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

I unplugged the ICP. Still no start.
Injector Control Pressure 2465 psi
Injector Pressure Regulator 36%
Those numbers are while cranking.

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Corona Killa

when I installed orings on some injectors in my dads truck when I tried to start it after it did what yours is doing and all I did was let it sit and run ruff then ran it at 2200 rpms tell it seemed better then drove the snot out of it to get the air out of the oil.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Mine won't start. It acts like it wants to but it won't.

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Corona Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtndrty View Post
It turns over for awhile and then starts hitting like it's want's to start but doesn't. When it does this it's rough. What should I do?
When I read that I thought it would run but just ruff. Have u ran a buzz test or anything on the injectors maybe check the VC harness also.

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode