A Few Motor ?'s, Hpop, EBP, & Sealant - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

Question A Few Motor ?'s, Hpop, EBP, & Sealant

I posted this in my motor thread and never got a response so maybe I'll have better luck in a new thread.
Sorry to be a PITA, but I'm trying to get everything swapped over.

Does anybody have a list of torque specs or a link to a page with them?
I've never replaced the hpop before but I'm transferring mine from my old motor to the new one.
Do I just replace the gasket and reinstall the bolt and washer on the gear inside the cover and tighten it up?
Also do I use the same sealant on the hpop cover as I do on the oil pan?
One more thing. Can I remove the EBP tube from the exhaust manifold and plug it?
Because I use the EBP dongle from SP Diesel.

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 08:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: A Few Motor ?'s, Hpop, EBP, & Sealant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtndrty View Post
I posted this in my motor thread and never got a response so maybe I'll have better luck in a new thread.
Sorry to be a PITA, but I'm trying to get everything swapped over.

Does anybody have a list of torque specs or a link to a page with them?
I've never replaced the hpop before but I'm transferring mine from my old motor to the new one.
Do I just replace the gasket and reinstall the bolt and washer on the gear inside the cover and tighten it up? Yes
Also do I use the same sealant on the hpop cover as I do on the oil pan?No sealant required, there is an o-ring to seal it. I just reused my o-ring
One more thing. Can I remove the EBP tube from the exhaust manifold and plug it?
Because I use the EBP dongle from SP Diesel.I don't see why you couldn't. You may call and ask SP if there is any problem with doing that.
I answered above in red.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Third Member

Thanks for the reply.
Is there a proper torque for the hpop bolt?
And does anyone know the torque for the flywheel?

1995 F-350 CC 4X4, Auto, 3.55's, DP, No Kitty, Straight Pipe, Wildman 4 Position Chip, Gutted EBPV, Modded Turbo Pedestal, Autometer A-Pillar gauges, Tymar Open Element Intake, HPX Hose, Shimmed FPR, SP Diesel EBP Dongle, 466 Blue CPS

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

You do use that grey sealant on the little bolt cover though. There is nothing wrong with pluging the manifold if you want to run that sp dongle, although my perference is to run the sensor.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 06:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Sorry, I don't have any torque specs for you. I just put them back about how they felt when I loosened them up. Everything is bolted into aluminum so don't get too crazy on tightening.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 06:20 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtndrty View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Is there a proper torque for the hpop bolt?
90 ft lbs. The two mounting bolts are 18 ft lbs, unless your running mine, then it's 25 ft lbs.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Damn, I already put it in a sealed up the cover. I hope I got it to around 90 lbs. I guess if it comes loose I'll know why.
Thanks

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 06:31 AM
PSN Veteran

I won't come loose. The pump rotation will make sure of that.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Third Member

Maybe one of these days when I grow up I can get a terminator kit from you. But for now the stock one will have to work. Would there much of an improvement with a 17* pump over stock?

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 06:00 PM
PSN Veteran

A slight increase, but you will need to address the bleed down issue because you are blessed with the 94-95 curse. I have converted a couple 95 pumps to 17 degree internals. If the Cardiac Arrest works out, that would also be another option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode