No Start issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

No Start issues

Hello all,
I have a 97' PSD F250
It was given to me with a bad block. it ran but there was low comp in cylinder 6
I took it and rebuilt the engine with a new block and internals. I get it all back together and I cant get thte darn thing to fire. I am getting oil pressure in the galleries and fuel pressure. I have replaced the ICP, CPS, Fuel pump in the valley with new fuel lines, I have tried a new IPR. The truck will fire on Ether but wont stay running. I can not hear the injectors firing whenI crank it. All of my fuses are good as well as my glow plug relay, IDM and PCM relays. the IDM and PCM were never touched since this truck fired before I removed the last engine.

The IPR harness was frayed when I first started cranking it found the issue and fixed it. I have put countless hours into this thing there are no codes that my Hypertech is pulling from it and no CEL's this thing will crank and when HP oil is in the head it slows the cranking. these are brand new batteries. would the fact that my clutch is not blead keep it from starting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 05:51 AM
<----Colin Banks

Re: No Start issues

Is your HPOP res full?

><>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Yes HPOP res is full.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
<----Colin Banks

When you crank it is there any white smoke coming from the tail pipe? If not that is a sign of the injectors not firing. make sure all fuses are good and if you can, do an injector buzz test to make sure all the injectors can/will fire.

><>
<><

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

There is no white smoke. the injectors are not firing but the injectors tested good before engine rebuild. I can not do a buzz test as it is sitting in my front yard and there is no way of me taking it to the dealer. and I dont know of any poerstroke techs around here let alone being able to afford it during this time of the year. I know the injectors work but are not firing.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
<----Colin Banks

Where are you located. I would hope you are close enough to a member here that might have a scan tool. I have one.

><>
<><

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I am in Tucson Az
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:35 PM
<-Friends bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Fab View Post
There is no white smoke. the injectors are not firing but the injectors tested good before engine rebuild. I can not do a buzz test as it is sitting in my front yard and there is no way of me taking it to the dealer. and I dont know of any poerstroke techs around here let alone being able to afford it during this time of the year. I know the injectors work but are not firing.
How long have you been trying to start it?...Did you bleed the HP system & the fuel sytem?...

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families

Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

I would invest in a scan tool at this point to do a proper diagnosis. Start off with a buzz test and see if the electrical side is good. If that is OK then you need to make sure you are getting at least 500psi of high pressure oil during cranking with a manual guage.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode