steering noise - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

steering noise

when i was driving today i heard a knock come from around the front wheel of my 350. i heard it when turning on to 1 of my friends roads so i turned the music down, and while driving i continued to hear the noise every so often. even when turning the wheel very little or going over a bump i got the knock sound. on the way home the noise continued. i was wondering what u guys thing the noise may be. the truck doesnt pull to a side when i drive its just that noise. im guessing its got to be something like ball joints, u-joints, tie-rods, or something. not really sure though.

1997 F-350 7.3 POWER STROKE. XLT, 4X4, BLACK, REG CAB, STRAIGHT PIPED, DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX AND BED RAILS
SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
PSN Local

Re: steering noise

My truck was doing that when I turned from left to right and also when the suspension moved at any bump in the road. My problem was the front shackles in the frame were bad. I fixed the problem by installing the shackle reversal kit on the truck. The noise is gone and the trucks drives great. If you shacke bushings are bad you should be able rebuild them and fix the problem.

Why Not (Chris)

94.5 Ford F350 4X4 Crew Cab 7.3 PSD 5 Speed / Intercooled / 3" down tube / 5" exhaust from down tube to tail pipe tip (open) / 4" skyjacker lift with Sky Manufacturing shackle reversal and shackle flip kit /4.11 gears / 6-position Hydra Chip / Stage II's
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: steering noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not View Post
My truck was doing that when I turned from left to right and also when the suspension moved at any bump in the road. My problem was the front shackles in the frame were bad. I fixed the problem by installing the shackle reversal kit on the truck. The noise is gone and the trucks drives great. If you shacke bushings are bad you should be able rebuild them and fix the problem.

Why Not (Chris)
hey thanks a lot i didnt even think about that

1997 F-350 7.3 POWER STROKE. XLT, 4X4, BLACK, REG CAB, STRAIGHT PIPED, DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX AND BED RAILS
SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode