Downpipe Installed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Downpipe Installed

I just got my downpipe installed and truck seems to have a little more get up and go but i have really drove it out. I was wondering if there was anythings that i need to check to make sure i done the job correct or not. And all so seems to be a little more engine noise in the cab, is this normal ? Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Downpipe Installed

Mine did the same thing but i had mine done. They tore up all the insulation on the fire wall.

1997 F350 Crew Cab, 7.3, 4x4, 5SP Short Shift kit, 5" RSK SD V Code springs, DIY Intake, 5" Exhaust with 30" FTE Resinator, intercooled, TS chip.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Have you done anything too try and fix it?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Harl

Send a message via AIM to Harl

When i did mine I didnt beat the firewall in far enough.. It drove me nuts with the viberation noise! make sure its not touching the firewall.

Cody,17
DD-1996 F250 Powerstroke, 5speed, 4x4 ecsb

Mods: GlowShift Gauges-Boost, Pryo, Oil psi and Fuel psi. DIY 6637 Intake, 160/100's, Wildman 6pos, Stage 2 water/meth, D66, TE HPOP, Vailer Clutch, Custom Bars and 5in turbo back....

PT-1995 F350- totaled
Soon to be brought back to a 1992

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdmike View Post
Mine did the same thing but i had mine done. They tore up all the insulation on the fire wall.
how much did the install cost?? i am looking to order a diamond eye 4'' turbo back and would like to have someone install just the downpipe cuz i dont wanna deal with it.

1997 F-350 7.3 POWER STROKE. XLT, 4X4, BLACK, REG CAB, STRAIGHT PIPED, DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX AND BED RAILS
SOLD
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Was PSD0389

Id say the extra sounds is the DP rubbing on the firewall

03 F-350 CCLB King ranch undergoing a 6.0 delete
99 Fummins- SOLD
95 F250- SOLD
08 6.4- Totaled 12/19/10
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
PSN Local

Mine used to rub under load, and in a hard left turn ( right roll ), had to get back in there and make some more room. I got a little more turbo noise, but the engine noise is back to stock inside the cab. I would look their.

Does your new down pipe had the pyro bung in it? check to see if it worked out if you don't have a gauge in there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 F350 CC 4x4 Flat Bed

3in down pipe 4in pipe by Husker Performance Treadwright 285's

03 Excusrion 6.0
Road Armor Front

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

I fixed my noise you guys where right is was vibration due to it rubbing the firewall. Thanks for the help.

Kurtfromct it is really dont that big of deal to get it in. Just take your time and a few cold ones. It only took me and a buddy about 1.5 hours to put mine in. Just be sure you have some one there that can help you that seem to help a lot.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 12:21 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklivestock View Post
I fixed my noise you guys where right is was vibration due to it rubbing the firewall. Thanks for the help.

Kurtfromct it is really dont that big of deal to get it in. Just take your time and a few cold ones. It only took me and a buddy about 1.5 hours to put mine in. Just be sure you have some one there that can help you that seem to help a lot.
yeah i think i might give it a shot with 1 of my buddies

1997 F-350 7.3 POWER STROKE. XLT, 4X4, BLACK, REG CAB, STRAIGHT PIPED, DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX AND BED RAILS
SOLD
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfromct View Post
how much did the install cost?? i am looking to order a diamond eye 4'' turbo back and would like to have someone install just the downpipe cuz i dont wanna deal with it.
you may wana get a 3 or 3.5 inch down pipe cause 4 inch ain't gonna fit! once you make the turn at the bottom you can expand to whatever you want....

DCC(SW/MTS) USN-Ret. 75-95
96 F-250 DIY Intake (NAPA 6637)
3" DP
Gutless Kitty
14.6k Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode