VIBRATION - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

VIBRATION

I have a 96 f-550 7.3 powerstroke that has a bad vibration when driving, It has been comming and going but now its getting worse, If you push the clutch in it goes away then comes back when you let the clutch out. Any idea what this may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: VIBRATION

My first guess is the dual mass flywheel giving out. Pull the inspection cover and see how much you can rotate the ring gear, more than 5/8 inch means its shot. Bad things (expensive) can happen if the flywheel self-destructs and this is a known failure point.

Cure is a single flywheel with new clutch, do it yourself for less than $1000 (around $750 for a Con O, I think the Valair can be had for around $500)

'94 F250 supercab 4x4, original owner, 4.10LS, DIY elec fuel, Tymar air, Beans tunes on VA 4 position chip, Adrenaline HPOP, VDO boost/pyro/outside temp gauges, Ford digital AIC, DPPI downpipe, gutted EBPV, modded turbo ped, Con OFE, add-a-leafs front/rear, Monroe Reflex shocks, Milemarker 449SS hubs...coming soon: 6.0 IC...wish list: Stage 2's
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Re: VIBRATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADKING View Post
I have a 96 f-550 7.3 powerstroke that has a bad vibration when driving, It has been comming and going but now its getting worse, If you push the clutch in it goes away then comes back when you let the clutch out. Any idea what this may be.
It has been doing this for a year now and when you let it sit and cool down then drive it again the vibration is gone. Then comes back later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode