97 POWERSTROKE LOW ON POWER - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to blk97power_stroker
97 POWERSTROKE LOW ON POWER

I HAVE A 97 OBS POWERSTOKE WITH AN E4OD. I HAVE OWNED IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. 189K ON THE ENGINE. TO ME IT SEEMS LOW ON POWER. IN FACT IT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS BEEN LOW ON POWER SINCE I GOT IT. I HAVE A COUPLE BUDDIES THAT HAS THE SAME TRUCK AND THEY RUN ALOT HARDER AND ALL HAVE OVER 200K ON THEIR TRUCKS. IS MY TRUCK JUST WORN OUT? BAD INJECTORS? CONTROL MODULE?? BAD HPOP.?? I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT GETTING A NEW HPOP BUT DONT WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY UNLESS I HAVE TO.

THANKS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IF IT DON'T ROLL BLACK.....TAKE IT BACK!!!!!
97 F-350 crew cab 7.3l powerstroke. 250cc/100% hybrid injectors, aig dog fuel, bell turbo s300 turbo(wide open qssb) w/custom built mount & pipes by me, water-meth, ats 5-star trans, intercooler w/tubes built by me, stereo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 97 POWERSTROKE LOW ON POWER

do you have any check engine lights? does it run smoothly?
there are a few things you can do to get more power without breaking the bank... does the truck have any mods on it?

Dan
96 Powerstroke: 6637, downpipe to dump exhaust, 140v IDM and a shift kit.

84 Honda Sabre V65 1100: pipes, jet kit and new tires. Faster than I think I'll ever need.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!

NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. SEEMS TO RUN GREAT BESIDES ITS LOWER POWER THAN MY FRIENDS TRUCKS. IT HAS A DIESEL INNOVATIONS 6-POS CHIP, K&N INTAKE, FULL ATS TRANS E4OD WITH CONVERTER, INTERCOOLER, AND EXHAUST.

97 F-350 crew cab 7.3l powerstroke. 250cc/100% hybrid injectors, aig dog fuel, bell turbo s300 turbo(wide open qssb) w/custom built mount & pipes by me, water-meth, ats 5-star trans, intercooler w/tubes built by me, stereo

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Dairy Mechanic

A buzz test would be good to see what pressures you got and how good your injectors are. Turn your caps off.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!

how do you do a "buzz" test??

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 PM
PSN Veteran

do you have a drag strip near you? if you do, make a run and see what the mph is... that will tell us alot.
it's hard to tell if yours is low on power or if your friend got injectors without telling you...

Dan

84 Honda Sabre V65 1100: pipes, jet kit and new tires. Faster than I think I'll ever need.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 PM
PSN Veteran

buzz test is done with a set of AE or similar software when you check the truck for codes.

02 f250
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
ROLLIN' BLACK!!!!!

WELL I KNOW MY BUDDIES BOTH DONT HAVE INJECTORS. I HAVE DONE HALF THE WORK ON THE ONE TRUCK. I KNOW MORE ABOUT DIESELS THAN THEY DO. MY NEIGHBOR IS A MECHANIC AND HAS A REAL EXPENSIVE NEW SNAP-ON SCANNER THAT DOES JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. AND LAST TIME I DID A QUARTER MILE PASS IT WAS ABOUT 70-75MPH. I HAS 35IN TALL TIRES. .410 GEARS.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
PSN Veteran

seems a little slow. but it runs fine?
check your fuel pressure.

Dan

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
PSN Veteran

just a friendly reminder:

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode