Looking at a truck in Texas, what should I ask about? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Looking at a truck in Texas, what should I ask about?

1995 Ford F350 in Arlington, TX 76001: Truck Details - 264978245 - AutoTrader.com

That's the truck in question. I bought a CTD off the internet having not seen it, and was very pleased with the truck, and it serves it's new owner quite well.

Anyways, I'm looking for tips on what I should be asking about. What are the common wear/replacement items associated with a truck at 239k miles? Any common areas that this generation PSD/F-series is known to break or cause problems? Reason I'm looking at this truck is it's one of the only 4-doors that is set up how I want and still in my budget. Will be used as a daily driver, weekend boat/camper hauler, and family toter. Not looking to build an all out competition truck or anything like that, just a nice, dependable driver. Sorry for the long post, just thought some background info would help out with what I'm looking for. Thanks for any and all help.

And if anyone is around Arlington and knows of the truck and would share, that would be great. Just trying to make a good decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Looking at a truck in Texas, what should I ask about?

check racingjunk.com also, there was some really nice ones on there also.

Chris

Moore, Oklahoma

1996 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab PSD
6637 tymar
285-75-16 BFG All Terrains/Weld Wheels
3:55 gears
Automatic with billet convertor, tugger and alto discs
New Gearhead Tunes:
1 heavy tow
2 stealth mode
3 tow/econ
4 street perf
5 all out
6 high idle
1.0 housing
exhaust
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 12:21 AM
PSN Local

how long ago was the tranny rebuilt, was the turbo rebuilt, hows the front end (ball joints, U-joints, tie rods ect), has the truck ever had a chip/programmer, have the injectors been rebuilt, any accidents, any rust, paper work on the truck, those r just a few things i can think off top of my head.

1997 F-350 7.3 POWER STROKE. XLT, 4X4, BLACK, REG CAB, STRAIGHT PIPED, DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX AND BED RAILS
SOLD

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 AM
PSN Veteran

I think the price is high for the miles. I guess it could depend on what region you live in though too...

1995 Ford F-250 7.3 (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima 3.0
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADubDiesel View Post
I think the price is high for the miles.
I agree, but that's 1 one 7 trucks that I found that are 5 spd, 4x4, crew cabs in the entire country, for under $9k. I've found a ton of autos, but I'm more into rowing my own gears.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:18 AM
This We'll Defend

Send a message via Yahoo to texasmedic01

I'd get it man. I'd love to have an OBS LB 4X4 5spd. The fact is they are getting rare and hard to find now, and this may be one of the few chances you have to find a Gem like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 RACE FOR THE WARRIORS co-founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone for the support!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 06:09 AM
PSN Local

Be patient and wait, they are way too proud of that one. I've seen SD's for that price with lower miles around here.

'99 F-350 SRW/6" lift/ 315.75.16 BFG/ 4" DP to 5" stacks/ 6 pos TW chip/ HX Hose/ Tymar/ 5k lbs bags/ Adrenaline/ Isspro Guages
'05 Ford Fivehundred w/20's, tint, and ghetto sound system.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
All done now

I live right around the corner from there, 7 miles. PM me, I can go check it out for you tomorrow.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:13 AM
PSN Newb

I bought a 2000 on the net from that truck guy in east dallas I don't have his name but he only sells diesel pickups and he's in dallas metro on the east side. It's great getting a truck with no rust on it. The truck treated me well but now 100k later it needs a new motor, Seems it my have been dusted down there. but I am still happy and will do it again

2000 F-350 7.3 PSD 4X4 exstended cab 200 K Wicked wheel" open stacks, Banks power elbow, New GP New Injectors
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
I live right around the corner from there, 7 miles. PM me, I can go check it out for you tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna pass on this truck. I haven't found many others, but I did find a couple SD's for that price with lower miles, so I'm gonna keep looking for better deals on an OBS. Thanks though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode