Is my turbo shot or something else. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
single stacked stroker

Is my turbo shot or something else.

Today on my way to work i accelerated from a stop light fairly hard, and noticed my truck 97 f350 with 208,000 hazing a blueish white smoke while i was cruising and accelerating down the road i thought oh great headgasket, got to work checked my coolant, the level is good and the coolant is still green, on my way home same symptoms, my coolant gauge never got above the N which is where it always runs on a cooler day like we had today and i let it idle in front of my house for a half hour and the temp never rose and the coolant never dropped and oil is clean, so i figured it was the turbo, the truck only smokes consistent while cruising and when idling will clear up after it sits for 30 seconds or so. after the motor cooled i pulled the intake the turbo is hard to turn then frees up then gets tight again on so on, this obviously isnt normal and there is oil seeping between the two housings once again should point out my problem is the turbo just old and the seals went out.. but i figure i would ask and see if you guys had other input about my problem.

2004 svt focus build # 1041
saving for another truck
97 f-350 SOLD
swamps 175's
2l destroyer 66 turbo
ts with custom tunes
southbend clutch
iss pro gauges
hpx cross over
Traction bars
For as fun as that truck was it was sure a piece of $h!t

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boosting 45psi on a stock charger ^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Re: Is my turbo shot or something else.

I would say it's turbo time.

'97 F-350 4-WD
E4OD 3.55 gears
7.3 I-C stage 1's
38R
Termy modded 17*
Tru-Cool 4739
Swamps IDM Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode