The other day when I started my truck, there was an issue.
- Turn the key on, wait for the WTS light to go out
- Cranked, turn over fine and started no problem
- Then I notice the battery idiot light is on, the voltmeter is in its normal position at first start up, battery voltage according to the AIC
- Once the glowplugs cycled off, the voltmeter slowly went into its normal position. Battery voltage is 14.2v
- Checked the batteries individually and load tested them; all is OK
This morning, all is fine. No idiot light but the voltmeter goes up slowly. It normally jumped right up after the glowplugs cycled off.
I have a 215A alternator. Are the diodes on the alternator going out? Would a bad glowplug put a strain on the system or would it fry the IDM/UVC harness.
'97 Black F250HD SC 3.55s, Punisher trans, PI Converter, Dana 60 RSK w/ V & C SD springs,
PIS 175/80s, HB Jr, Comp910s, Smith Bros PRs, ARPs, Fluidampr, IC, E-Fuel, CJC Traction blocks, HFHV IDM, T4/BASB, 262K
-1987 Buick Grand National (Staged)
-2004 Mercury Marauder
-1993 Geo Prizm (beater)
-2016 F350 DRW Utlimate