AC issues.... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

AC issues....

my ac is back to cycling on and off. i thought it was the connector on the low pressure switch on the compressor so i bypassed it and its still cycling. i checked a couple things like one of the ac guys at work said to check refrigerant levels and from the results of that he said there is still the right amount of refrigerant in it. so i think its tripping out on the high pressure switch. whats causing it to do this is the expansion orfice getting full of junk? is my compressor fixing to die on me? when it is blowing cold it blows very very cold when i did the checks on the ref. levels the outlet temp was 38deg so i dont know.....

thanks!

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 06:36 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred
Re: AC issues....

You need to put a set of gauges on it, then tell us what the pressures are and what they're doing. That's where you start with AC.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:58 AM
PSN Veteran

Like stated above, put a set of gauges on it and check your low and hi side pressures. Does it only do it at idle? If you have a hi side pressure problem at idle your fan clutch could be bad.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Senior Veteran Member

Garage

Listen to Charles- He is correct. Start with pressures. That will allow you to see what is happening. You will be able to watch the components work and go from there. Is there dye in it? If so, look for traces at compressor, clutch, switches lines/line connections, in evaporator box or coming out the drain.

Centxdiesel

1997 F250 XL SC, 512HP 1019TQ,
30% nozzle Hybrids from [email protected]
Adrenaline, Beans D-66,Beans E-Fuel,Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch.

Awesome Tuning by: Matt: from:

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

ill get a set of gauges from work tommorrow, just hope they have the fittings to hook up to the truck. i have never worked on the ac charge so if theres not dye from factory theres not dye in it.

thanks guys !!

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode