crazy LEAKS!? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
C&C Customs

Angry crazy LEAKS!?

ok so i have some crazy leaks going on on my truck! in about 30 min i leaves an oil spot about 6 inches in diameter right off the back of the motor and the whole oil pan is soaked with oil ok well the whole underside of my motor is cover in oil and my tranny is covered in oil and its running down my frame! any ideas is there any oil lines i should check before assuming i need to replace front and rear main seal and oil pan gasket?

stage 11 tranny by Doug @GoGo
And a lot of other goods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_____CORY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Just another OBS addict

Re: crazy LEAKS!?

Valve cover gaskets

1995 F250 SCLB 4X4 Auto - '97 D60/10.5" rear, 4.5" PMF RSK/V's, PMF Trac Bars, Sway Bars, MBRP Exhaust, DP F5, Efuel, RRD Diff Cover, Tymar Intake, Isspro Performaxs/Quad Pod, Recon Cab Lights, 05 Lariat SD Steering Wheel
FF250/2's, ARP Studs, Comp Beehives, Smith Bros Pushrods, 1.15 38r, RRD Boost Fooler, 99.5+ Intake, SD 7.3 IC
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Super Hauler!

or dip stick plug on the passenger side of plug.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 AM
PSN Veteran

also the valley of the motor drains into the flywheel area and will come out of the weep hole in the inspection cover- if your hp oil lines are starting to leak you can have quite a puddle of oil- when i changed my hp oil lines I quit leaking oil all together!

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Super Hauler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedge8 View Post
also the valley of the motor drains into the flywheel area and will come out of the weep hole in the inspection cover- if your hp oil lines are starting to leak you can have quite a puddle of oil- when i changed my hp oil lines I quit leaking oil all together!

Ya check the o rings or just replace them!

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Strokin!

Send a message via Yahoo to 97ps5spd

mine did the exact same thing and i ended up replacing the HPOP. It was in the valley of the motor.

2005 F350: Leveling Kit w/35's, S&B, SCT X3 with erics tunes, 4" turbo back straight pipe.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 02:30 AM
97 OBS PSD

Mine did the same thing and it was the EBPV. It sprayed oil out and ran down the back of the block. I was losing 1 quart every 20 miles when I found it. The EBPV stayed clean due to the heat, but directly out from it was covered in oil...

Aaron

97 PSD 4X4 250K, Ron Holland/Banks 1.00 A/R, EBPV Delete, 3" DP, Kitty Delete, PHP Phoenix 6 POS, 140V IDM, Autometers on the Pillar,4" Intake, 17 degree SD pump, 18-20 psi depending on setting...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 04:20 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

The only way you are gonna get this figured out it to get the old stuff cleaned up and then take a look. I would take a look right before you do that as well though as once in a while you can spot where the leak area is wet but cleaner as it keeps washing away the grime.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Some places to check are the HPOP lines, turbo pedestal orings (4 in total), oil galley plugs on the heads (4 in total), oil pan.

I have had all of these spots leak on my truck.

Early 99 F-350
4" lift on 33's. Daily Driver/ Plow truck.
Swamp's Gen3, 300/200's, Tuning, 76mm Sledgehammer. BTS. Fuel system, ARP's, P-Rods, 910's, and a few other things. Stock Block.
SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New truck:
2009 F-350, 5.4L, 4" lift on 35's
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 AM
PSN Local

could be fuel, clean er up real good and get a good light and a mirror and start looking!

DCC(SW/MTS) USN-Ret. 75-95
96 F-250 DIY Intake (NAPA 6637)
3" DP
Gutless Kitty
14.6k Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode