crank but no start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

crank but no start

Coming home from a buddy of mines graduation and the water in fuel light comes on. so i drain the water out head down the road and it comes back on so i drain almost the entire thing and then fill up. not five blocks later the fuel filter light and water in fuel light both come on the truck convulses then dies on the side of the road. the fuel bowl was bone dry but finally filled but still wont start. if any one lives n houston give me a shout i coul duse a tow.

Burning DIESEL.....Burning DINOSAUR Bones- J.R. Cash

96' Powerstroke CC Bone stock..... DIY intake, exhaust, and PHP 6 pos. soon. Hopefully
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Dairy Mechanic

Re: crank but no start

Try releasing the valve stem on the side of the filter housing and let the air out. Make sure you got good fuel.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well why would that make the fuel lights come on?

96' Powerstroke CC Bone stock..... DIY intake, exhaust, and PHP 6 pos. soon. Hopefully

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM
PSN Veteran

It sounds like you got a tank of water on your last fill up. The same thing happened to me except I was 100 miles from nowhere on top of a mountain. It took a lot of cranking and then the batteries died. I found a camp that had one truck in it and had him sit next to me charging my batteries and helping to start my truck. It still took quite a while to get the fuel flowing from the good tank. After that it took around 10 tanks to get all the water out of the bad one.

Jim

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well shat. i got it towed to my local shop. did what you said letting the air out of that valve stem on the bowl. truck wouldnt but then finally did start only thing is when i was driving i couldnt help but floor it and the fuel filter lights comes on when i go 2 grand or above

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Dairy Mechanic

Might be a wiring problem, How is your fuel pressure?

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

my fuel pressure is crap the needle is always moving never stays at the r on normal. changed the cps and the truck runs great but you were right on the bad tank of gas. i have to drain it every 50 miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode