OBS powerstroke Front End!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

OBS powerstroke Front End!!!

ok i have a 1994.5 obs powerstroke regular cab long bed F-250 4x4......when i reverse the front wheels seem to tilt or or kinda camber back almost like a road grater...lol....and lately if i hit a large bump at high speeds the wheel begins to violently shake until i slow down almost to a stop??? any thoughts....

and one more thing...i have a 1996 F-450(superduty) service truck that has the tranny out of it....can i put the large leaf springs off the front of it under my F-250...and possiblely the straight axle with steering stablizer shock on it....any info will help??????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM
OBS junkie

Re: OBS powerstroke Front End!!!

The "camber" issue you describe is normal with all OBS 4x4s. Mine did it & I've seen some really bad ones, esp when you lift them. Sound like the death wobble might be a blown ball joint or even worst your ball joint came loose & rubbed the hole inside & ovaled it out. Happened on the 00, drove perfect except on turn or bumps heard a clunk. Ended up having to buy a new I beam for the drivers side. Not saying that's the issue but something to look at, also double check the tie rods & also check the bushings where the I beam bolts up by the crossmember. Those are known for going bad. When I would back up & hit the brakes I would hear a CLUNK everytime. Swapped in my Dana 60 & no more noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

alrite thanks man.....ill take a look at it....sorry im not real good with suspension "terms"....im just a college student driving an old farm truck and those "death wobbles" sure wake u up going down the highway to class!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

and by the way...my truck is 100% stock ride height
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Just another OBS addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter09b View Post
and by the way...my truck is 100% stock ride height
Sounds like you need to set up ur sig (signature, appears at the bottom of your posts). I was gonna say ball joints too, they need a little rebuilding . And I would think you could do the front end swap, someone will come along that will know for sure. Get some pics posted...post 'em in this thread:
https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=19949
and tell us what all you got on it, if anything. Or maybe some future plans for it

1995 F250 SCLB 4X4 Auto - '97 D60/10.5" rear, 4.5" PMF RSK/V's, PMF Trac Bars, Sway Bars, MBRP Exhaust, DP F5, Efuel, RRD Diff Cover, Tymar Intake, Isspro Performaxs/Quad Pod, Recon Cab Lights, 05 Lariat SD Steering Wheel
FF250/2's, ARP Studs, Comp Beehives, Smith Bros Pushrods, 1.15 38r, RRD Boost Fooler, 99.5+ Intake, SD 7.3 IC
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

The wobble could also be axle pivot bushings.

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

well i replaced the ball joints and we are gonna see how it works for now....im still thinkin on switching the front ends....anyone ever done this? F-450 to F-250 swap??

thanks guys
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Strokin!

Send a message via Yahoo to 97ps5spd

i ended up doing tie rods and tie rod ends and all new ball joints on mine
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 AM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter09b View Post
well i replaced the ball joints and we are gonna see how it works for now....im still thinkin on switching the front ends....anyone ever done this? F-450 to F-250 swap??

thanks guys
If your F250 is 4x4 you would loose your 4 wheel drive. It's a 10 lug setup so you would have to run diffrent wheels on the front then the back. Also mesure your spring perches on both they might not be the same but I want to say they should be.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode